Montesa's Future

beta

Hello all

I'm thinking about changing my bike and going 4 stroke and having ridden both Beta and Mont I've decided that I want to treat myself and buy the Mont, my only concern is that Pidcocks have given up being the importer, so does this mean sales have dropped to such an extent it is no longer viable being the importer?

Before I part with my cash anyone have any idea what the future holds for Montesa or do you think Honda will pull out?

Many thanks in advance.

Pidcock's pulled the plug on its Honda franchise, they wanted to keep the Montesa franchise but apparently Honda wanted/insisted that they would have to continue selling Hondas to keep it.

Montesa's future, they have a history of pulling out, but apparently they have a new bike ready, but don't know wether to build it or not, due to the world recession. Some say, next year, some say 2015 and others say it won't happen at all.

If you want a 4rt, go and get one,(parts aren't a problem) you only live for a short time and are dead for an awfully long time.

• Like 1

The mans right, if you want one, go and get one.

Its better to regret something you've done rather than regret something you haven't done.

You are unlikely to be dissappointed and any dealer in the land will px it for you if really don't get on with it. It took me 2 or 3 months to adapt my 2 stroke style to the 4RT so be ready to learn and enjoy the progress.

• Like 1

Hello all

I'm thinking about changing my bike and going 4 stroke and having ridden both Beta and Mont I've decided that I want to treat myself and buy the Mont, my only concern is that Pidcocks have given up being the importer, so does this mean sales have dropped to such an extent it is no longer viable being the importer?

Before I part with my cash anyone have any idea what the future holds for Montesa or do you think Honda will pull out?

Many thanks in advance.

Patience will very soon be rewarded.

Montesa has never pulled out of trials. Honda has been building trials bikes since 1974. Combined that's about 85 years of comitment .

Honda have pulled out of trials several times in the past, aswell as F1 the Dakar, etc, etc, etc.

This discussion is about Montesa. Also remember that Honda merged their works trials efforts into Montesas. So Honda have, either as Honda or Montesa, been involved in the W/C continuously since its inception.

It appears that a new 2014 model is being launched next month.Described as completely renovated , not quite sure what that means but sounds positive, we will have to see.

As regards Dakar, HRC now has a rally team and a competitive bike which competed in Dakar 2013 and they will be back in 2014. The even better news is their is a very promising British rider, Sam Sunderland in the team. A definite future Dakar winner.

• Like 1

Typical .......as soon as I say no the 2014 4rt teaser video is released

http://www.trialworld.es/pruebas/modernas/1211-montesa-cota-4rt-2014.html

It remains to be seen if its much different .Afterall I'd have expected Bou to have been on it for a good while.

You may however be entirely right Martin :)

No worries mate. :) I love retro trials.com. The interviews are great.