2012 Raga 280 (Or Factory?)

jandyb

The brake hose problem is that it fails (leaks at the master fitting/sleeve) and you lose your rear brake. To my knowledge, most of the failures are of the infant mortality type, so if you bike has a few months of riding on it, maybe its OK. Looks like most of the factory riders switched to Venhill style hoses right away.

The keihin makes the bike smoother - less "chuggy" on the low end and gives more top end power. The Dellorto is less prone to dirt/water clogging the pilot (very simple design) - kind of set it and forget it. A good OEM choice. Both are good - I prefer the Keihin.

On my 12 300 Raga the problem with the rear brake line was not only was it to short but there is a solid metal line to make the turn down to the swingarm from the master cylinder. This solid line ended up to close to the top of the swingarm and when it moved up from hitting a bump it will flex that hard line till it breaks.Replaced with a Venhill line and it fits better but still not great.It is actually a bit long so it ends up jammed against the back of the engine case before it turns back toward the swingarm. Both options could use a little work to make them right.

Seems that the former owner Just didnt pick it up at the importer. Checked it out today, and found out that the Kehin is still lying around there. Picking it up on monday.. Happy ending. :-)