Is This Right?

sparky8181

Need a bit of advice please chaps...................

2008 Pro 200

Not used my bike since last November and got it out for a play the other day and it was overheating, I noticed that the fan wasn't going round unless I gave it a little push. So back in the garage I took tank off to test the fan as described in other posts on here, it was then that I noticed these two wires connected through, its an orange and black wire in a crimp, & from what I can figure out with my little knowledge having looked at wiring diagrams it appears to be the "switch to control ignition advance curve"

My question is, what is an ignition advance curve & should this be bypassed in this way or has by bike been bodged up by a previous owner?

Also, when the fan is connected direct to a 12v source it still needs a little push to get it going, would I be correct in thinking its knackered?

Was hoping to get out this Sunday for a blast and really want to try & get this sorted before then so any help greatly appreciated :thumbup:

The Orange & Black wires are for the mapping switch, all the switch does is open or close the circuit the same as connecting or disconnecting the wires. You can get a switch from GGuk mine was £6 about 3 year ago.

There has been a lot of posts about your fan problem, Usually the fan stops at the same position where the commutator is corroded or damaged and it's open circuit.

Check; put a mark on the fan where it stops and see if the mark lines up in the same place each time.

If it does and the fan wont start just move the fan a little bit and then turn the power on and then it runs.

I haven't had to this but if you can strip the motor it may be possible to recondition the comutator by polishing the contacts.

Hope this helps.

Main difference I found on my 250 was on the sunny setting it would pull very very slightly harder at mid range and more noticeably it would rev higher.

Try each setting, if you have no switch you can just extend the wires and add a connection. This way you can change it over without removing the tank.

The buggers pop and fart on the dry setting. If you hadn't noticed that you're more senile than I thought :D

Maybe your right toofasttim,

I have a friend that I ride with. He has a gas gas 300 and he can't pick the difference either.Although my mate does pop and fart.

I had a ride and couldn't pick it . His mate and his son have gas gas's and they can't pick the difference.

So that only leaves one answer , we are all senile. Do you happen to know if there is a tablet to correct this condition?

Thanks

brt650