Made The Mistake Of Buying A Crosser, Well Not This Time!

bongo177

Evening all! I'm gonna say i'm new here, although i did joine in October 2010 with the aim of buying a trials bike.

Long story short, years back i was a half decent i guess, bike trials rider. I ended up getting into bmx which eventually took over, and then due to injuries i had to pack it in at the level i was riding, and kind of accidentally found myself racing a CBR600rr, and and R6 for a few years, and then last year a Fireblade.

In 2010 in the off season, i joined here with the intention of getting a trials bike, but due to a few racer friends getting into enduro riding and MX which is great training for road racing, i got a Yam YZ250 crosser....

To my eternal regret!

So anyway, i'm back and i AM getting a trials bike now. I spent the weekend om one of my best mates Beta's and once again found the love of trials after years and years absence, but the memories of Shipley, Addingham, Back Cown, Brimham and the countless other places i used to fall off bikes, came flooding back! He spent a lot of time helping me with the differences between what i know, from bike trials, and what i need to be doing on the motorised version! And a good teacher i have too in Sam Ludgate who i'm sure many will be pals with

So just saying hello, and i hope to first of all sap all i can from this forum regarding help and techniques, before becoming a part of the place and puttinga bit back in!! Can't beat a good forum!

Here's a pic of me racing last year :)

375023_344040249052038_126703281_n.jpg

Bongo

• Like 1

Thanks mate. I've not packed in racing by any means. I've raced with Hottrax for a couple of years in 2009/10, along with PDMCC Three Sisters, and a bit of Derby Phoenix in 2010, and then raced Superstock 600 with Thundersport GB in 2011, and Superstock 1000 in 2012 with Thundersport and some BSB Stock 1000. I've had to miss this year du to a second knee reconstruction in November, so the trials bike is gonna be for fun/traning/bike time/fitness/fun/fun/fun!

How did Knockhill go today?! One of my best mates Keith Dickie got a couple of 3rds on his sv650 today there lol. We will no doubt know a lot of the same people!!

Sadly im not racing at knockhill this weekend.If i knew how good the weather was going to be then i would of.Aye we will probably know some of the same folk.

You will defo have fun on the trials bike thats for sure and its a bit safer than the race bike.

• 1 month later...

Hiya mate, yeah that's right i raced superstock 600 in 2011 and then sold that because i couldn't ride it for toffee, and bought the blade above and raced stock thou last year with a bit more success lol.

I know Tim aye! No doubt know you too, what's your surname mate?? We on Facebook???!