Honda Tlr200 Restoration.

joelewis

Yeah, I could of bought a nearly new trials bike for what this is costing me. But this once done shouldn't lose much, if any money. Which is my main reason. Plus I'v always loved the look of 80's Honda trial bikes.

Just paid for this.

newyokeshonda_zps94a657d7.jpg

newyokeshonda1_zps1b8fe383.jpg

you will have to let my know what you think of them as can not decide what do do myself, chop the frame or get a set to fit to mine but they are not cheap and it would be a lot less just to chop the frame as mine will get stripped down come the Ausie summer to be powder coated

Stunning Bike Joe, can't wait to see it finished.

Andy m is there a common problem with the TLR cam chain adjuster, It does seem a bit vague compared to the one on the TL.

I took mine out for a blast about three weeks ago, first time for about 18 months (yes it did have oil in it ) and now it does sound a bit noisy around the cam chain side. releasing the lock nut didn't make any difference. It had a new cam chain 2 years ago and hasn't been used much since then so will try it manually.

june 2013 002

Here's a pic, I have re-covered the seat since this was taken.

TLTEL

Thanks mate, I'm hoping for end of August.

I'll let you know what I think of the yokes, I didn't want to chop the frame so went down this route instead.

Plan is to get them anodised Gold as soon as I get them.

Just gone for Dep exhaust, whats peoples thoughts?

The Sammy Miller welds seemed awful quality and the two Wes ones iv seen I haven't been that impressed with either.

Plus I prefer the Dep one on looks.

Just gone for Dep exhaust, whats peoples thoughts?

The Sammy Miller welds seemed awful quality and the two Wes ones iv seen I haven't been that impressed with either.

Plus I prefer the Dep one on looks.

Fitted a Wes to my 250 and been happy with it in looks and build

On the yokes could you measure the distance between the front and rear axles with the standard yoke fitted and then with the new ones fitted

Thanks mike

Fitted a Wes to my 250 and been happy with it in looks and build

On the yokes could you measure the distance between the front and rear axles with the standard yoke fitted and then with the new ones fitted

Thanks mike

You might want to think about chain adjustment when measuring :huh:

Will do Mike, might take slightly longer as there going to get anodised straight away.

When did you get your Wes one? As according to the guy I spoke to on the phone, the earlier ones were far better - its just the latest ones where the quality seems to of slipped.

Hey joe, where you going with that gun in your hand, do do do doooo doooooooo. ok, enough of the jimmy hendrix....just wondering how far back/down you moved your footpegs, got mine stripped and thinking of shifting them....already tucked the steering in a couple of degrees.

Will do Mike, might take slightly longer as there going to get anodised straight away.

When did you get your Wes one? As according to the guy I spoke to on the phone, the earlier ones were far better - its just the latest ones where the quality seems to of slipped.

Got it from Sammy Millers about 4 months ago but they might have had it for sometime before that

You might want to think about chain adjustment when measuring :huh:

Never thought off that, told if you alter the front you need to lengthen the swing arm on the 250's or the front becomes to light so just wanted a idea as to how much the yokes altered the wheel base so if it was done with the rear wheel already fitted then you would get the difference between the standard yokes and the modded ones

Fitted footrest lowering kit to mine as a stop gap till i strip the bike down and with the wider pegs and lower it rides and handles a lot better

The new ones are slightly different, if you look at my first set of photo's and these. The pinch bolts on mine are at the side compared to the front on the older sets, plus other slight differences. Look alot better.

Get them, look great!