Honda Tlr200 Restoration.

joelewis

You are doing a nice job:-)

Did you go for the std bar or fat bar clamps? I bought the yokes with the std bar clamps but later decided to get a far bar set. The price for them was 70 pounds so I didnt bother.

What are you planning to do with the tank/seat set up?

I restored this one about 2 years ago. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91515210/Red%20TLR.jpg

Keep the photos coming:-)

Edited by agricon

Thanks, yours is brilliant, I'll be finishing the engine of in a similar style rather than painting it. What do you think of the yokes out of interest? Do you still have yours then?

Standard clamps, I'm not a fan of fat bars on twinshocks, I just don't think they suit them. My personal opinion.

The seat unit / tank will be a gollner style single unit in white / blue rothmans colours. The original tank is in good nick so that will be repainted in time in standard TLR colours if I want to swap it back.

Thanks, yours is brilliant, I'll be finishing the engine of in a similar style rather than painting it. What do you think of the yokes out of interest? Do you still have yours then?

Standard clamps, I'm not a fan of fat bars on twinshocks, I just don't think they suit them. My personal opinion.

The seat unit / tank will be a gollner style single unit in white / blue rothmans colours. The original tank is in good nick so that will be repainted in time in standard TLR colours if I want to swap it back.

Yes I still have it and compete frequently. The yokes did make a difference but I think the footrests made a bigger (better) difference. Overall the combination of both pegs and yokes are really good and definately make the bike easier to control/ride.

Edited by agricon

Looks really well, TLR250 isn't it? Ah, you bought the moveable footrest hangers - the ones that bolt to your exisiting hangers. What do you think of them?

I stuck the Dep sticker there, the stickers quite big and thought it was to in your face on the outside and thought the inside was more subtle.

Yep its a 250

Got the bike not long before the start of the trials season over here and needed it to ride so its a work in progress and have added bits as i go and the footrest hangers are a stop gap (but a lot better than originals) till i come to strip the bike down and alter the frame for welded extensions and get it powder coated

Other bits already fitted after the photo are, gold chain guard,ty type gear lever,mikuni tm24 carb and new white front and rear guards ordered plus shockers and still thinking about headstock.

Got the TLM260 up and running now so when i get all the bits together for the TLR250 i might finish her off instead of waiting till the middle of October when the season finishes

Just up the road, Easingwold ... small town about 10 miles from York. I love it, fantastic area. What made you move?

How long have you had the 250?

Hopefully that'll be what I want next, when funds let me.

Just up the road, Easingwold ... small town about 10 miles from York. I love it, fantastic area. What made you move?

How long have you had the 250?

Hopefully that'll be what I want next, when funds let me.

Moved to Oz 7 years ago when the youngest was due to move from junior to senior school as it seemed the best time,had been due to move before that but put it off.

Loved living at Richmond and still miss it as you were not far from the lakes,coast,York ect but partners family are all in Oz so when i got sick of the job i had (conditions changed and i hated it) it was time to go down under.

Settled here now so happy with the move.

Got the 250 in March this year when it came up for sale, posted at 6 pm and lucky i was online and bought at 6.03 pm then a 1800 Km round trip to pick it up at the weekend

Always wanted a TLR 4 stroke as remember them when i was young and would have been happy with a 200 as they are as good but the 250 came up so had to have it

Its still a work in progress but that's part of the fun but with riding it in trials i have not had time to strip yet so its just bolt on parts at the moment but after riding the TLM260 need to get some rear shocks for my weight as the ones that came with the bike are way to hard so shocks and other parts are ordered so now have to wait for them to arrive

Its as they say,

boys and there toys

so keep the photos coming as you are doing a fantastic job with your rebuild :agreed:

• Like 1

There must be something about TLR riders and expats. I used to live in Pocklington but moved to the land of the long white cloud 12 years ago. In my local club there are other expats riding TLR's as well:-)

Hey 4 stroke honda

I have just sent you a pm about your Mikuni conversion.

"There must be something about TLR riders and expats. I used to live in Pocklington but moved to the land of the long white cloud 12 years ago. In my local club there are other expats riding TLR's as well:-)"

Hi Andy, I used to live near Malton on the A64 Scarborough road, used to ride Bultaco's back in the day, but enjoying the 4 strikes now. followed the link to the picture of your bike...very nice indeed. Was it a big job getting the black paint off the motor? Cheers, Trev.

Hi Trev

Its a small world isn't:-) Nice part of the world over on the east coast, we enjoyed living there.

Getting the paint off wasn't too bad. I used paint stripper and after a few coats It came off. The difficult parts are between the fins but a bit of perseverance did the trick.

Cheers

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, here's a few pictures of my effort.Steering tweeked, footrests moved, and some new shockies , bars and levers and some new cables, are the latest additions, plus frame repaint....only brushed so not blemish free, but much better than it was. Just got to do tank and seat paint when I get time. Hoping to get to the trial tommorow to see how she rides.framemods2.jpg

framemods3.jpg

framemods4.jpg

framemods6.jpg

framemods5.jpg

• Like 1