Is Boycotting World Rounds The Only Way To Get The Fim To Change The Silly New Rules?

funtrials

Dear Funtrials ... I wish you knew to whom you speak ... I was at the round in TN. I observed a section . And except for the riders having to link all the components of the sections together on the fly , (aka knowing where the move to do one thing leaves you for the next thing , without the option of stopping and re aiming your trajectory ) I don't see where much if anything really changed ... except for maybe the riders thinking on their own a little more ...

And twinshocked IS one of the best trials riders I know , he is one of those guys that can do all the trick moves on any bike ,a 2013 whatever or a 200+lb honda , and he likes them all ... But like most of us here in the real world , he rides for his own satisfaction , not for anyone else . A true trials rider ... who is always willing to help , teach , instruct other riders to improve themselves ...

Just my 2 cents ,now I'm gonna go replace the coil on my son's TY80 and then fire up one or two of my fantics and play with my kids for fathers day ! :)

And see if maybe they will listen to me on what NOT to do to their trials bikes ...

have a great day ,

Glenn

Just read this thread and you'll see that, even with the benefit of stopping and starting a video(!), people can't come to a concensus on whether something is a five or not: http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/45781-how-many-fives-in-this-clip/

Dear Funtrials ... I wish you knew to whom you speak ... I was at the round in TN. I observed a section . And except for the riders having to link all the components of the sections together on the fly , (aka knowing where the move to do one thing leaves you for the next thing , without the option of stopping and re aiming your trajectory ) I don't see where much if anything really changed ... except for maybe the riders thinking on their own a little more ...

And twinshocked IS one of the best trials riders I know , he is one of those guys that can do all the trick moves on any bike ,a 2013 whatever or a 200+lb honda , and he likes them all ... But like most of us here in the real world , he rides for his own satisfaction , not for anyone else . A true trials rider ... who is always willing to help , teach , instruct other riders to improve themselves ...

Just my 2 cents ,now I'm gonna go replace the coil on my son's TY80 and then fire up one or two of my fantics and play with my kids for fathers day ! :)

And see if maybe they will listen to me on what NOT to do to their trials bikes ...

have a great day ,

Glenn

Yes, I do believe that twinshocked is a fine rider and is a credit to our sport in many ways. We just have different visions of where trials should be in the future, that's all.

Me personally, if I was handcuffed in the sections with the ridiculous new rules, I'd probably quit the sport.

Edited by funtrials

Most of what you post as constraints ARE PERMITTED under no stop:-

Hop front wheel sideways PERMITTED

Hop rear wheel sideways PERMITTED

Hop whole bike sideways PERMITTED

Hop the bike on the back wheel PERMITTED

Catch balance at top of large rock PERMITTED

Restart bike in section PERMITTED

Why do you have to stop to shift gears - you don't do that in your car

Spin the back wheel to get the mud out PERMITTED

All you have to do is to have the skill and judgement to maintain a hint of forwards motion at the same time

Of course really skilled riders on well maintained bikes don't stall in section and have the ability to ride over little rocks.

Cheers

Techincally, if the observers are consistent, hopping sideways, or hopping the front or rear wheel sideways is NOT legal. Watch that FIM observer video, then you'll see how Nazi-like these new rules are.

Also, most re-starting of the bike takes place in a section when the bike is STOPPED (the motor is dead!) for at least a split section (verbotten!), so your point is not realistic.

Watch the two videos of Bou and Fuji unfairly get FIVES for brilliantly re-starting their bikes (Bou in Japan, Fuji in USA) and you'll see how ridiculous the new rules are.

Demanding that a trials rider never stop for a split second in a section is like demanding that a road racer never go fast.

Edited by funtrials
  • Like 1

all that can be done with forward motion. roll-back has always been a 5

What's so evil about stopping for a few seconds here and there with an overall time penalty in place!?

Edited by funtrials

'funtrials' does that mean you ride trials for fun? If so my friend go and practice whatever you wish hop, stop, blip and backflip who cares, but when you ride a competition abide by the rules, whether you like it or hate it?

Can't see the difference at club trials with entries now they have gone to no stop?

• Like 1

'funtrials' does that mean you ride trials for fun? If so my friend go and practice whatever you wish hop, stop, blip and backflip who cares, but when you ride a competition abide by the rules, whether you like it or hate it?

Can't see the difference at club trials with entries now they have gone to no stop?

The FIM rules can often trickle down to the local level.

Recently, yes. But in the not too-distant past people like Dougie and Jordi and Jarvis, et al could legally roll back for no penalty (if they kept their feet up at least.)

So now it is the observers fault (have we not been here many times before) hell who else do you want to point the finger at?

Hypotenuse of the triangle!!!!! A^2 + B^2 = C^2
Would still result in diagonal movement to the side but nothing in the motion of going forward because you have just created the makings of a right angled triangle which would result in a 5.