Beta Tr34

big wheeler

This is a 1988 Tr34 Replica if thats what you ve got and heres a pic also theres 3 types of tr34.

If you look on here on the beta site it shows you everything like FAQ and info and pics; Beta bikes menu

They seem to be good bikes i had a Tr33 ( i think) and that was superb very powerfull got me where i wanted to go or get up.

Tr34 Replica 1988

post-5-1118001348.jpg

:P I can relate to the piston slap as you can put the piston into the bore without compressing the ring and it just slides through and out the other end :D also at tdc there is a slight amount of lift in the conrod bearing but i hope to have both these problems sorted in the next couple of weeks.Does anyone have any tips for stripping the bottom end i:e when splitting cases can i keep the gear cluster in one half of the case any advice greatly appreciated and thanks for all the replys they have given me plenty of enthusiasm for getting her back up and running as soon as possible cheers mark

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, i have a TR34 too, the front is well over damped at the moment, so going to change the fork oil.

I have looked at the specs on BETA UK and can see it is 200ml per leg, but it doesn't mention the viscosity. Same with the gearbox oil (gonna replace that too).

So anyone know what 'grade' for and engine oil an 89 TR34 is supposed to run?

Thanks in advance :hyper: