Spanish Fiasco?

mattylad

a few days ago you were calling this man a NAZI

I applaud the hard work of the trials community, and value the individual contributions. I've seen first hand, in person, the great contribution that, for instance, one poster on this very thread has done (I was very impressed.)

No, he's not a Nazi, but I do disagree strongly with the new no-fun rules. He's certainly entitled to his opinion.

Edited by funtrials

Those with ambition, yes. But realistically the sections should be set with national class and bubbling under riders in mind. Your James Frys, Sam Haslams etc.

Cody Webb and Ray Peters rode the OPEN CLASS at the USA world round. Peters was likely the oldest rider that day (still with super-human skills, but not a World Pro rider at all), yet he was able to get through enough sections. That's not a bad solution, do you think (the Open Class)? In the Open Class, apparently riders who are not Youth/Junior aged, and not World Pro level, can still ride a world round.

Edited by funtrials

Dabster, it's not often you're caught speechless.....

Dabster and Martin Lampkin are both good at, uh, "verbalizing." :D

(In truth, I myself suffer from that, as well, sometimes.)

Edited by funtrials

. So what if Toni or Adam lose 2?

Per day that's what the Scottish Six Day basically works out to for the very best riders, so maybe that's not a bad idea, tim. Now if the Scottish can evolve (to stop/hop) it will be an even better event (it's already a very good event.)

Edited by funtrials

The trials god has spoken, and he says the new FIM rules were to blame for the ridiculously high scores! He should know! So this thread is now SETTLED/FINISHED. Saint Bou himself said, in the Cycle News article on that round, regarding the far-out scores: "with the new rules it's difficult to get it completely correct."

From page 37 of the Cycle News June 25 issue's article: http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/t/24308

So we can take the world of FIM officials who, some have argued, are alligned with the corporate interests, or we can take the world of our hero, Saint Bou, who actually rode the event.

FYI: page 34-35 of the June 25 issue also has an article on the recent US National weekend! Saint Smage dominated....great job Patrick.

Edited by funtrials

Cody Webb and Ray Peters rode the OPEN CLASS at the USA world round. Peters was likely the oldest rider that day (still with super-human skills, but not a World Pro rider at all), yet he was able to get through enough sections. That's not a bad solution, do you think (the Open Class)? In the Open Class, apparently riders who are not Youth/Junior aged, and not World Pro level, can still ride a world round.

Interesting pair in the open class, top `Pro` rider verses top `Expert rider. Cody cleaned my section (blue line) while Peters punched it!

Interesting pair in the open class, top `Pro` rider verses top `Expert rider. Cody cleaned my section (blue line) while Peters punched it!

Very valid point. The difference in riding ability (heck, like even in the US Pro class) is stark.

Blue line, is that the Youth or Junior line?

Very valid point. The difference in riding ability (heck, like even in the US Pro class) is stark.

Blue line, is that the Youth or Junior line?

Junior line. Ray attempted the section Saturday, but never got up the big ledge. I never knew he even rode sunday till I saw the results! Roper and Davis looked good on the first loop, then faded.

Per day that's what the Scottish Six Day basically works out to for the very best riders, so maybe that's not a bad idea, tim. Now if the Scottish can evolve (to stop/hop) it will be an even better event (it's already a very good event.)

For who ?

And Bou will ride ?

Stop & Yawn.

Edited by b40rt

why not make the top line ride the hardest junior lines for half the sections, that means the majority of the guys on the top class will get through half the sections per lap then make the other half of the course as it is now to take marks off bou etc, would mean then for example in the british round most of the guys that ride the championship class could have a go at a world round. No?

So a bunch of guys ride their home round and the top ten clean half the sections, not really thought that through eddie?

Craziest thing I've heard you splutter

Like that's ever gonna happen again :(

Leave it as it is, it a brilliant 'No stop' event that is over subscribed that promotes all round inclusion, competition & fun

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 3

Now if the Scottish can evolve (to stop/hop) it will be an even better event (it's already a very good event.)

You need to read up on your history of the SSDT, with dwindling entries (one year 167?) WD made the bold move to return the event to No Stop, the rest is history, because if you want to put an entry in now you will be in a pot of c400 people?

Go back to stop allowed............No Chance

Why the SSDT has any relevance to what happened at the weekend only you can answer?

Edited by gizza5
  • Like 2

Junior line. Ray attempted the section Saturday, but never got up the big ledge. I never knew he even rode sunday till I saw the results! Roper and Davis looked good on the first loop, then faded.

Davis (and Roper too) has gotten SECOND at a recent National....the kids are gettin' good! I admire the effort of all our National riders who rode that world round.