Spanish Fiasco?

mattylad

For who ?

And Bou will ride ?

Stop & Yawn.

Stop & Hop.....versus Stop & Yawn. I can see that some people don't find stop & hop as exciting. Endurocross, for example, is more exciting than trials, for the spectators, so that's probably the single biggest thing that the new rules have going for them (more "action" for spectators.)

Edited by funtrials

who cares about the open class- i say scrap it it is a waste of time without a full time entry

A forum member who I respect wrote "It would also allow good european riders to do a few rounds if they wanted ?"

So doesn't the Open Class do just that, with out mucking-up the Pro Class?

A forum member who I respect wrote "It would also allow good european riders to do a few rounds if they wanted ?"

So doesn't the Open Class do just that, with out mucking-up the Pro Class?

The pro class is too hard - there should be an entry of 30-40 at each event

So lets say Dec bullock Rob Waite and Harry Harvey should be able to ride?

Think you would find that any section they could get through would be cleaned by Bou so why would they want to compete having nothing but 5's?

The reality is that sections that test the best means that there isnt many more than 30 in the world that can ride at this level, the fact that the 15 that dont isnt down to severity otherwise it would be easy enough to solve.

Diluting the standard of sections so that Harry can ride is just plain daft and would make a joke of whaats not working very welll anyway.

I dont know what level you ride at but surely if you were forced to ride such an easy course that you cleaned everything you'd soon realise the point I'm making.

Regardless the WTC should be a spectacle that looks something special to me you and the average punter.

• Like 2

Rare but on this one I agree with the Dabster. I've said all along that the WTC has NOTHING to do with what most of us do every weekend. When I get worried for Trials in general is when things that happen in WTC are applied to Club, Centre and National Trials.

WTC is for people from another universe so why should the rules, sections in fact ANYTHING have to be similar or related to Trials as we all experience it ?

Re all the furore about stop verses no stop. As far as I know you can run, at least in this country, whichever the club prefers so what's the problem? If you don't like it start your own club and run the rules you like I'm sure if you are as correct as you assume people will flock to your events as they should.

So lets run the WTC as an elitists event and forget about it having ANY relevance to the real sport of Trials. BECAUSE IT DOESNT AND HASNT FOR YEARS !

• Like 6

Surely Harvey, Bullock etc could have a go at the junior lines and there are a lot better riders than them no offence, thats why I said make half (or a around that figure) the sections the same as the junior line, look at this world round. I know times have changed, but why can it not be made to get these entries, my point is there could be 5 or 6 sections to sort Bou and Raga out at the top.....and at the other end 5 or 6 that the bottom guys could get through

http://www.trialonline.org/01%20TRIAL.FIM/01.MONDE/102.DETAILS.PAYS/01%20102%20GRANDE%20BRETAGNE/01%20100%20GRANDE%20BRETAGNE%20RESULTATS%20PDF/01%20103%20GR%20BRETAGNE%20RESULTATS%201980/01%20120%20GBR%201988/01%20101%20MONDE%20GBR%201988%2001%20CD.pdf

I dunno, just a thought.

So lets say Dec bullock Rob Waite and Harry Harvey should be able to ride?

Think you would find that any section they could get through would be cleaned by Bou so why would they want to compete having nothing but 5's?

The reality is that sections that test the best means that there isnt many more than 30 in the world that can ride at this level, the fact that the 15 that dont isnt down to severity otherwise it would be easy enough to solve.

Diluting the standard of sections so that Harry can ride is just plain daft and would make a joke of whaats not working very welll anyway.

I dont know what level you ride at but surely if you were forced to ride such an easy course that you cleaned everything you'd soon realise the point I'm making.

Regardless the WTC should be a spectacle that looks something special to me you and the average punter.

So if you like the DIFFERENT LINES for different skill levels at the WTC, do you agree with me that the Scottish Six Day, which sort of suffers from the same problem, would do better to have TWO (maybe more, but I'm not advocating that) different lines in at least a few select sections, so that Dougie/Dibs/Alex/Brownie, etc. don't clean all 36 sections on any day, while another rider drags his bike though the sections all day for 100 points? It's the same thing, really. Shouldn't we be consistent? Or should the WTC rounds all ride the SAME line?