Tys125f Mods

james111089

My Heart bleeds for ya Glenn, I wouldn't be very happy at all with that, add that figure on top of the price you have paid in the first place and that equals one expensive trials bike.

I had one of the first 125's when they came out and had nothing but good things to say about it......Just as well it never let me down judging by the game you've had.

I know NB is the dogs B*****ks in the eyes of many, but I must admit when I've tried to buy stuff off him either by phone or web I've had no Joy in getting in contact....not a very good advert for a chap who's just taken over the importership of a brand. :wall:

I could understand the logic behind that if Scorpa or Scorpa UK had gone bust and Birkets had bought/rescued the name and the factory before starting afresh. But, Birketts are simply the new UK importers and should be looking after existing Scorpa customers as well as new Scorpa customers. Simple business sense...

It's far cheaper and easier to sell to existing customers who are happy with your product and/or service than it is to find new customers to sell to.

If it was me I would be emailing Scorpa France, asking them if it was fair that all Crossers old customers were being left in the **** by the new importer and the factory!

My Heart bleeds for ya Glenn, I wouldn't be very happy at all with that, add that figure on top of the price you have paid in the first place and that equals one expensive trials bike.

To be fair i got the bike cheep as it was a customer demo bike, only about 3-4 months old though when i got it.

"Customer Demo Bike"

One thing to keep in mind, there is a big differnce between a demo that gets a few try-outs by prospective buyers and a bike that has been tested by bike mags and motoring writers. Ain't no way I would turn a bike mag loose on one of my bikes! If your bike had been leant to out for a test over a weekend it could explain the engine problem. Some nice person might have drowned it or tried it out with out the air filter to see if gave it more power, you never know.

Customer Demo = Customer Demo and should be like new

Test Bike = Used Bike that may have never been properly run in

It might not have been the fault of the bike at all!!!

BJDownunder

Wonder what actually caused the major engine problems on this bike? Doesnt really seem to be the sort of fault that you often get on a well sorted and extremely reliable Jap motor.

From what i was lead to beleve the conversion that scorpa did to increase the capacity was not carried out correctly, hence there have been a few with the same problem.

Don't think mine had a lot of use before i got it, it was just as crosser lost the importership so don't think he would have been lending it out to any mags for tests. At the end of the day, you pay your money and take a chance, even with a new bike most warrenties are for parts only so i'd have still had to pay the postage and labour costs (about

From the sound of the problem on this bike it seems almost certain to have been caused by abuse of some sort, and as such is not really the responsibility of an importer, as it has not been caused by any manufacturing defect. Rather like running your new car without any oil, and taking it back and demanding repairs when the engine siezes.

Load of bull :wall:

I had just as much chance buying a new one to have encountered this. There have been a few where the engine has not been done properly by the factory. So what your saying is that every one who has had this problem has caused it themselves.

Its not clear what the problem with your bike actually is. I certainly cant see why the cylinder liner needed to be replaced, unless the original was so badly damaged it was impossible to rebore it, had there been any damage to the cylinder bore.

Rings fitted incorrecty. The others have also needed liners.

Trouble is most trials importers are yorkies,you know what they say "eat all sup all n pay nowt"

Tight as a badgers a***.

They are all the same when it comes to warranty.

But it must be hard to tell what is a genuin fault and what is the result of abuse.

I have just completed the 05 national US series with my SY 175 scorpa.I got the bi ke in march little break in time because of snow on ground.Went to Tenn.in april to ride two nationals there.Pretty much broke bike in down there,no trouble at all.Next trip to world round with team Scorpa.Run the crap out of bike at Duluth all week with team.Next up some local club events,bike getting good and broke in by now still no problems.Changed oil after tenn.nationals put in full syn.I am a former sy 250 owner so I do like to go fast on loop run the crap out of little bike no problems.Most of my big rides have been in temps of 80 +F and no problems with heat.These last two weeks completed four nationals I used two gallons of gas and still have some left.I had hill climb in NY. that was a bit steep but little motor pulled it well a bit slow but we made it.I could not ask for a more reliable machine and the bike still looks like new.Most of these rides where in rocky areas only broke two levers and a chain tensioner.The stock skid pan protected everything fine.All in all I had a great time riding the little bike and showing people you do not need the big motor and water cooling to compete on.Thanks to Mike Komer at the Tryals Shop for his support the season was great.Thanks Jim Reilly ;)

After one month, my Scorpa TY125 F fitted with 143 cc. kit, is again at my home; due an abnorm consuption of oil, trough the Italian importer SCORPA Italy, was shipped to the factory in France; teh bike was inspected and were changed the rings; all that with no cost for me!

I was able to test only for a while (80 Km.) and looks that the things are OK: no smoke and no sign of change in the oil level.

Cicci

Trouble is most trials importers are yorkies,you know what they say "eat all sup all n pay nowt"

Tight as a badgers a***.

They are all the same when it comes to warranty.

But it must be hard to tell what is a genuin fault and what is the result of abuse.

Despite being a "Yorkie"myself i cant help agreeing with you in a small part ,my Husaberg 400 i used to own was lovely to ride but not the most "sorted" bike and the dealer in York used to blame everything on owner abuse and apparently gets the "bulls**ter" of the year award from Malton bike club as he tells everyone the same !!