2014 Montesa?

gooseneck

It's going to be funny a trials bike with a new engine and it will be reliable in its first year of production.

My mates Montesa is like the Toyota Hilux in top gear, while others makes are breaking around him his gets no maintenance falls off cliffs and one kick away it goes.

Surely if Montesa get there price right we have to start asking why other manufacturers can't build bikes to the same quality.

• Like 1

Fb,

Honda have always built bike that last longer and they have obviously a reputation for it. Hopefully Honda will bring release a price that entices the masses like the TLR250 did.

Whilst they obviously have the knack at building quality bikes , ive come to the conclusion that its often at the expense of competitiveness. Honda,s standard bikes are significantly heavier than the likes of Gassers , JTG, Sherco and everyone else.Personally i like a light bike as it makes it easier for me. For some others , this isnt one of the primary concerns and the Honda isnt that heavy to them. The side effect of a light bike is that the components just wont have the resilience and strength and over time this will tell.

The 2 stroke manufacturers could no doubt produce a bike , gaining ground in terms of quality if they had another 10kg to add into the mix , but they are not in that market.

For many people , they arent bothered about the extra weight , but for many as well , this is a big issue.

So you pays your money and you take your choice.

• Like 4

heard a roumor today......

montesa has a large stock of frames, engines, plastics and other parts in spain, from this old spares they will build the 2014 bikes, after that they will decide if a new bike will come or Honda leaves trials....

anybody here knows more ?

the fairy tale about the hall full of Montesas is not new, I heard such storys years before...

I like the new Cota and if somebody buys my Sherco, I will order one......

Edited by hendrik

heard a roumor today......

montesa has a large stock of frames, engines, plastics and other parts in spain, from this old spares they will build the 2014 bikes, after that they will decide if a new bike will come or Honda leaves trials....

anybody here knows more ?

the fairy tale about the hall full of Montesas is not new, I heard such storys years before...

I like the new Cota and if somebody buys my Sherco, I will order one......

Sorry hendrik, you have been told a very old Fairy Tale. I too have heard it . It is nonsense.

....and NO they are not leaving Trials.

Edited by martin belair

Ditto uk, no importer here.

JJ and shed racer ffs read my earlier comment "..if you like yours fine...".

Of course I get personal choice I don't want you to like what I like but please be realistic, there may have been improvements but the glaring similarities as to when it first came out are there for all to see, less some great Showas.

Where is the improvement in 2 stroke engines when some brands have been using the same carburetor for over 25 years?

It comes down to the same principal: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I agree the 4RT could benefit from some weight loss, but apart from that there was and there is nothing wrong with it.

• Like 1

Apparently Honda UK are to make an announcement soon (August), about the new bike and other things !!!?

Oooohhh , interesting . What could it be about ? Surely its got to be good news considering they've just released a new bike ?

Is your source reliable ?