This Man Has Skills

pirate

"Julien dupont is back in town for a new series of illegal performances" Says it all really, is this doing any of us any good!

quote from Jason Finn's retro trials interview says it all too

What do you think of the Urban Freestyle

I better choose my words carefully here, whats the point on wearing a motocross helmet, doing motocross style jumps and riding a Trials Bike? I don't understand, next we will have riders wearing leathers on a Trials Bike riding super moto? I don't like the grunge scruffy look of it either, and I see a lot of youtube videos of people that have gone out, bought a bike, some long shorts, boots and a motocross helmet and riding on the roads trying to emulate what they have seen and cannot ride to save their lives. I suppose all the locations and back drops make up for the lack of ability and its taking away the great presentations that trials has become.

Edited by ironbelly

i really like jason finn, but i thought he was an arrogant ******* for making that comment.

julien dupont has only developed a new genre of trials riding in the exact same way jason did years ago. hypocrite much?

• Like 1

i really like jason finn, but i thought he was an arrogant ******* for making that comment.

julien dupont has only developed a new genre of trials riding in the exact same way jason did years ago. hypocrite much?

Arrogant? I dont think he was arrogant, thats a big statement to make on a comment, so no one is allowed to have an opinion then? retrotrials asked jason what he thought, so does he lie or say what he thinks, I must agree with Jason in some part, so what has Mr Dupont devoloped? the way I read it was that he thought the Look "Grunge" was not in keeping and good for Trials.

Edited by ironbelly

I dunno, when you are #1 at your craft its hard to call it arrogant

He has a valid point of view and it's from a classic trials background

Skills wise I don't think Julien holds a candle to Jason, as much as I enjoy ride the world it's kinda illegal hooliganism

If it was a gun video it would be a guy shooting at stuff in a city, some people would like it and some would think it's bad for the sport

• Like 2

Good enough video,

If I was to take my bike out in bristol I would get arrested so why can he do it? I have even had trouble for taking mt trials bicycle out!!

Grinding down a historic set of steps is just vandilism im my opinion but I do like the use of brown site, run down inner city areas but why cant we all have a go?

As for riding over the bridge.........any one can do that.

The whole video is for show and not a true reflection of what trials is. If we are going to look at urban trials lets use the bicycle trials scene as an influence.

• Like 1

I dunno, when you are #1 at your craft its hard to call it arrogant

He has a valid point of view and it's from a classic trials background

Skills wise I don't think Julien holds a candle to Jason, as much as I enjoy ride the world it's kinda illegal hooliganism

If it was a gun video it would be a guy shooting at stuff in a city, some people would like it and some would think it's bad for the sport

F###ing Ay, as the US Marines would say. ..Arrogance? And as the t-shirt says; It's not bragging when you can back it up. Julien is bad for the image of our sport, he's a yob. To compare the two is an insult to Jason.

• Like 2