Mokwepa - My Progress :)

Everything I hunt gets eaten. Those horns were cleaned up but is not considered a trophy but it is to me.

Ive hunted with every weapon under the sun and am currently keen on hunting with a spear but am yet to be successful. Im a patient guy though :D

Messed around with the basics again, doing lock turn zig zags along a very worn down road. The closest I have to pracrice camberd turns. I go as slow as I possibly can and pause when the front is in the dips and pause at the apex of the turn.

Also gave bunny hopping a try. Low for now but managed one or two decent ones.

post-18493-0-09542500-1377445994_thumb.jpg

post-18493-0-33740100-1377446032_thumb.jpg

Good turn practice drills, Mokwepa!! Keep that up! That looks like pretty tight turning, and you have a bit of uneven, up & down hill terrain to make it more difficult. Cool!

To me, your Bunny Hop looks better than what I do. I still have trouble getting decent height out of my Bunny Hops most of the time, and doing them wrong as I do wears me out quickly....

In the Ryan Young video, he breaks it down into the details of a Bunny Hop very well. But that part about jumping forward and kinda pulling the bars with you (paraphrasing here) is where I really screw up. My jump trajectory probably doesn't resemble "an arch" (arc?), as Ryan says it should look. Uncontrolled floundering most likely.......

But I can see where getting this technique would be helpful for other techniques, like the Jap Zap maybe. And it is a nice way to clear smallish logs that lay across the trails in between sections & etc..

Jimmie

Morning. I did a few that felt really good and looking at my tracks in the sand, my distance is about a meter that both my wheels are off the ground.

Im attempting to do the same thing but land on the back wheel. Almost like a rear wheel hop but on a weelie. I just cant get the hack to come up though.

Had a quick bugger around now.....starting to get some decent hight with my bunny hops.

What ive also been doing is every now and then im practicing hopping the front wheel. My theory is that it should be relatively easy to learn but give you a major advantage setting up for lines or obstacles even at clubman level where hopping is not required. Today it kinda came together.....doing a endo and swinging the back out to the right then following up with 2 or 3 front hops to the left, I can turn 90 degrees on the spot. I can only do it to the left for now and only get it right about 50% of the time.

post-18493-0-81832300-1377510679_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys, should be sorted.....still trying to figure this stuff out.

Now that you guys can actually see how I progress........be nice, ive only been on a trials bike for 4 months :).

I know it might be boring to most of you but if you spot the many mistakes I make, please help teach and inform me as to stance, body position and all that other technical stuff.

• Like 1