How Well Will Current Points Leader Marquez Do At Laguna Seca?

rockyrider

As long as he can stay on he will do well,he would have ridden Laguna Seca last yr in Moto 2 so he will be familiar with the cork screw.

Would be nice to see Cal Crutchlow win on Satellite Yamaha or will Yamaha give him a shot on Lorenzo's Factory bike ?

As long as he can stay on he will do well,he would have ridden Laguna Seca last yr in Moto 2 so he will be familiar with the cork screw.

Would be nice to see Cal Crutchlow win on Satellite Yamaha or will Yamaha give him a shot on Lorenzo's Factory bike ?

Marquez has never ridden there, only motogp class race at Laguna with the other classes having 1 round less

Cal's performances so far this year should be worthy of some upgrades from Yamaha but I'm not holding my breath due to the head of Yamaha stating that the tech3 bikes were going to stay as satellite bikes without the latest factory updates

Even though he hasn't been there, in my opinion Marquez will be in the running by the 2nd or 3rd session if not the 1st. He will have studied the layout, lines and braking markers learnt in Moto2 don't transfer to MotoGP anyway.

Cal needs to stop being so hung up on getting the latest parts, they aren't always better. He's already rejected one frame upgrade, last season when he complained about Dovi having newer brake calipers Stoner was using the same older ones as Cal. Dovi was/is simply better on the brakes than him.

It's all excuses, although I think he believes them and they probably hold him back. He really doesn't need to be making excuses given how he's performing, frankly it's as insulting to the other riders as Bautista saying they are holding him up but at least Cal doesn't then plough into them.

The constant cycle of a moan from Cal followed by what appears to be a scripted backtracking press statement is a bit irritating. He isn't very sponsor friendly and doesn't seem to realise that the ultimate aim of racing is selling products, I'm surprised that hasn't stopped him from getting this far

e.g.

Repeated cycles of "the bikes not good enough" to "the bikes great" from one interview to the next.

The insinuation that Marquez brake tested him, then at the next race making a big deal of Marquez having a genuine problem and being unable to release the brake - even though in the same conference Marquez more or less admitted it.

If he was a foreigner I seriously doubt that he'd have many fans in the UK. He's extremely talented, he's just not likeable, it's like someone gave Stoner a joke book and a face transplant.

If you haven't guessed I'm not a fan.

I think it's Marquez's year with Lorenzo second. Although I'd prefer Rossi to win, actually I'd prefer Edwards but that isn't going to happen.

Edited by totty79
  • Like 1

Marquez has never ridden there, only motogp class race at Laguna with the other classes having 1 round less

Cal's performances so far this year should be worthy of some upgrades from Yamaha but I'm not holding my breath due to the head of Yamaha stating that the tech3 bikes were going to stay as satellite bikes without the latest factory updates

Fair enough,didn't know moto 2 & moto3 didn't race at Laguna Seca but yea he will pick it up quick.

Even though he hasn't been there, in my opinion Marquez will be in the running by the 2nd or 3rd session if not the 1st. He will have studied the layout, lines and braking markers learnt in Moto2 don't transfer to MotoGP anyway.

Cal needs to stop being so hung up on getting the latest parts, they aren't always better. He's already rejected one frame upgrade, last season when he complained about Dovi having newer brake calipers Stoner was using the same older ones as Cal. Dovi was/is simply better on the brakes than him.

It's all excuses, although I think he believes them and they probably hold him back. He really doesn't need to be making excuses given how he's performing, frankly it's as insulting to the other riders as Bautista saying they are holding him up but at least Cal doesn't then plough into them.

The constant cycle of a moan from Cal followed by what appears to be a scripted backtracking press statement is a bit irritating. He isn't very sponsor friendly and doesn't seem to realise that the ultimate aim of racing is selling products, I'm surprised that hasn't stopped him from getting this far

e.g.

Repeated cycles of "the bikes not good enough" to "the bikes great" from one interview to the next.

The insinuation that Marquez brake tested him, then at the next race making a big deal of Marquez having a genuine problem and being unable to release the brake - even though in the same conference Marquez more or less admitted it.

If he was a foreigner I seriously doubt that he'd have many fans in the UK. He's extremely talented, he's just not likeable, it's like someone gave Stoner a joke book and a face transplant.

If you haven't guessed I'm not a fan.

I think it's Marquez's year with Lorenzo second. Although I'd prefer Rossi to win, actually I'd prefer Edwards but that isn't going to happen.

Rossi wont win another Moto GP championship,he has had his day,Colin Edwards on a CRT bike winning would be good.