Beta Evo Oil

gazzaecowarrior

Bought my 250 evo 2t a month ago. Clutch and gears were working sweetly until I did my first oil change. Now gear selection is a nightmare. I don't know what oil was in there but it was clearly a lot better than what ive put in. I put in Putolene 75w light gear oil and i'm thinking this could be the root of my problem. I filled the oil to the middle of the sight glass. I've been told that Elf oil is very good in Beta Evo's. Does anybody know which Elf oil this is ? I haven't done any clutch fix mod and I don't see the need to do so either if it is working well on the previous oil.

i highly recommend global racing oil for all trials bikes! They do two types - gear trans 10w30 and gear extreme 75w. the extreme stuff is £20 for 1l and the gear trans is £10

but i have tried both and cant see any difference! they are the official oil supplier to gasgas,ossa and oset. in our sherco which has a similar to the beta we used gear trans which eliminated all clutch drag and selected gears cleanly. i suggest you try this first as they are the best i have tried. http://www.globalracingoil.co.uk/

http://www.globalracingoil.co.uk/gear_trans

Edited by shercoben12

Allow me to be the first to mention that this oil discussion has been well documented time and time again

Perhaps search would yield a vast amount of information for you to ponder

Beware, every rider has a preference and every oil is better than the last including ATF

Allow me to be the first to mention that this oil discussion has been well documented time and time again

Perhaps search would yield a vast amount of information for you to ponder

Beware, every rider has a preference and every oil is better than the last including ATF

I had spent well over an hour searching this topic before posting. I wish I had more time to do so. Couldn't find the answer I wanted regarding elf so I subsequently posted.Does anybody know which elf oil it is ?

Someday when I'm retired I'm going to get about 35 different oils and see which one actually makes a Beta gearbox shift less bad (getting one to shift well would certainly win me some sort of international award so I'm setting the bar a bit lower). :)

I've used Maxima, Motul, Belray and my current favorite Dexron ATF. The truth (according to Joe anyway), is that it's WAY more important to keep it fresh than what's in the bottle.

BTW, If you haven't done the clutch mod it makes a big difference.

ATF some how got mixed up with GM Tru Trac..

iv used Motul with great results..

i learned the ATF lesson the hard way...

change it often,

i have buddies the love Elf..and thats what Beta used for years.. iv switched all my 2Ts even my air cooled to motul.

i use motorex in my 4T.

Someday when I'm retired I'm going to get about 35 different oils and see which one actually makes a Beta gearbox shift less bad (getting one to shift well would certainly win me some sort of international award so I'm setting the bar a bit lower). :)

I've used Maxima, Motul, Belray and my current favorite Dexron ATF.