Why Does Montesa Have Such Strong Brand Loyalty?

scorpatic

Many of my compatriots ride Montesa. I like the build quality, but they are weighty beasts, and that 4 stroke yanking you into corners is too hard to deal with. So Why are Montesa riders so resistant to change?

Is there some big secret that the rest of us just dont get?

Many of my compatriots ride Montesa. I like the build quality, but they are weighty beasts, and that 4 stroke yanking you into corners is too hard to deal with. So Why are Montesa riders so resistant to change?

Didn't P.T. Barnum have an explanation for this....

• Like 1

I thought surely someone commenting on the most reliable trials bike out there saying its a weighty beast and yanks you into corners surely cant be on an ossa???? do you make it to the corners?

• Like 3

Tell you what's a weighty beast ,my mate's new Victory 1600 . Kind of makes me laugh the weight business , not digging at any one with that comment . The Mont has to be one of the best trials bikes out there . Second to non quality and reliability , think it's a case of getting to know how to operate and set it up correctly to get the best from it . Remember thoroughbreds are the hardest to master , but when you do they're unforgettable .

think it's a case of getting to know how to operate and set it up correctly to get the best from it . Remember thoroughbreds are the hardest to master , but when you do they're unforgettable .

Agreed.

For me, they are a very rewarding bike to ride, suspension is brilliant, lovely four stroke engines and great quality and reliability. Great sound and no oily smoke. ;-)

These are the qualities, that make me loyal to the Honda/Montesa brand.

• Like 1

Because I watch weekly my mates complaining or adjusting or fixing or fannying about and moaning about there gas gas, sherco and beta 2 stroke whilst I think to myself did I spray any oil on my chain this week or have I cleaned my air filter in the last 2 months...... And how much my riding has come on since I made the switch, and since I got my mont Iv never looked on eBay In the last 2 years of owning one for a new bike usually after my 2 stroke had let me down, extra weight blah blah blah change the record

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I have just returned from overseas work, 4RT has been in the shed untouched for almost the full year. No new fuel into tank, three pushes on the kick start and it fired straight up to a steady tickover as it has every time since new. Have had 4RT since they came out in 05, current is Repsol 06 other than routine maintenance have never had to touch it in all that time.

They are an amazing piece of gear and that is why they have my loyalty. Like most people would prefer that it was 65kg, but small penalty to pay for total reliability, plus I like the sound !!!

• Like 2

Because I watch weekly my mates complaining or adjusting or fixing or fannying about and moaning about there gas gas, sherco and beta 2 stroke whilst I think to myself did I spray any oil on my chain this week or have I cleaned my air filter in the last 2 months...... And how much my riding has come on since I made the switch, and since I got my mont Iv never looked on eBay In the last 2 years of owning one for a new bike usually after my 2 stroke had let me down, extra weight blah blah blah change the record

Pretty much this.

I've had 2 strokes since day 1 and owned a 315 mont which was also bullet proof. But, the last 3 years of gasgas ownership were not only costly but time consuming. I also find that my riding has improved no end