'72 Mar Newbie - Progress

hotshoe63

Well, for anyone interested, I have made considerable progress.

I did get my bash plate / bolt up issue solved, at least until I bash it but for now seems to be goot-n-tight and as I mentioned in my previous post, I did put som neoprene rubber between the plate and engine cases to act as a vibration damper. Now there was one other thing I did but, not going to get into that on the grounds this it my make me look pretty stupid. At any rate after the addition of the neoprene the thing runs/sounds like a Rolex! It is so quite and smooth. I have to admit that I was astonished. It had been SO LOUD and buzzy before, easily give my CZ a run racket wise. Now it just purrs.

So, between my front yard and backyard I puttered around about six short sections...what a tractor! Now chaning the fork oil and going to a friend's place tomorrow morning. About 5 miles from my house, he has 15 acres and says I can help myself to any of it I like...WOOOO-HOOOO!!!

post-18652-0-24503700-1374267140_thumb.jpg

Edited by hotshoe63

Good points...both of them. Yeah, I don;t know that this tank is gonna dent. It will do the Humpty-Dumpty thing and that will be it. I'm a novice and "plan" to ride accordingly.

Wiring...hummm, I'll address that before I load up. I'll cut a channel in the neptrene and try to insulate the wiring.