Bartram Frame For B40 Gb ?

biggwil

Hi everyone , I have a BSA B40 GB engine which is nicely fettled now which is currently in my old C15 frame which is very heavy and not ideal as the chain pitch has now changed so the chain is grinding through the swinging arm slipper after a days riding . There was a much larger rear sprocket on the bike as a C 15 but the gearing was no good for the road work . I'm very happy with the current setup thats on the B40 GB motor . I've looked at Faber frames but a good friend has suggested I also look at Bartram frames . I've looked for a contact for Bartram frames but probably looking in the wrong places as usual so thought I would try the forums advice ? If anyone has a contact please would you forward it on to me ? Or if you own a Bartram frame please could you comment on this also .

Many thanks , Gwilym , Isle of Man

Hi Guys

Hi Gwilym.

John Bartram is at , engtec@aol.com or phone 07989424590 , I did not no that John made frames for a BSA unit engine although he makes a superb one for an HT Ariel.

Let us know how you get on. Faber now make a Bariel frame that is based on the Ariel design perhaps a cross between this and a BSA Otter frame.

I am also making a frame similar to these for a very special project i am working on at the moment. you can find details at www.bsaotter.com

Regards Charlie PS hope to bring this project bike to the IOM at the end of August.

Hi , I've tried to ring the number for bartrams but get a message saying the phone number is temporarily unavailable . I phoned faber frames and now have myself on the construction waiting list due around December time . Many thanks for your help . Hope to see you at the classic end of August ? Gwilym