Sidi Trial Zero? Or... Alpinestars No Stop?

xeriotti

Hi guys, ill soon be ordering a pair of specific trials boots, and i want to know your opinion... Im in the market for the boot with maximum FEEL and CONTROL when riding.. Been staring at the SIDI Trial Zero and Astars No Stop as main options... Opinions, Comparission on both.... I mentioned this two for their killer looks and recognised brand, but if you have any others suggestions im here to learn and your advice is welcome..

sidi_trial_zero_white.jpg

alpinetars-no-stop-trials-w.jpg

I have had Alpine star's for the last three year's BEST boot's I have ever owned!! I can wear them all day even when walking round. As I tend to be clerk of course for our club a lot. I wouldn't go back to anything else now!

I have not tried the Sidi boots

I personally have Alpinestars, I agree with p@ul250 very comfortable boots. I can wear them all day at an event and stay comfortable, I also wear them when building sections (moving logs, trimming trails etc.) they feel like a slightly larger pair of hiking boots.

But I also feel confident in the protection they provide to my feet and shins.

The soles have a good feel to them, I can feel the pegs but they don't try to go through my foot (hope that makes sense), I can feel the rear brake pedal as well.

• Like 1

My Son is on his third pair of SIDI boots. He will not entertain the Alpinestars as too many soles seem to come off. We sold the first pair, We still use the second pair for practice and the third pair the grip on the bottom is just starting to go after three years.

SIDI looks sleeker... and are resolable which is important as i dont have acces to any trials gear other way than buying online from abroad.., Astars are easier to sell because of more recognised brand over here...But i think that anyways I think im going for the SIDIS... anyone had a bad experience??? My first ever trials motorcycle should be arriving soon... Ill be practicing on artificial trials, pallets, tyres and soft stuff i can find that doesnt hurt me or the bike in my first rides where ill be highly dumb....No mud, No water, Not much dirt... Hope not to need much protection (hope not to bail often)...

SIDI Trial Zero is my choice. TALK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.... (Save me from going the wrong way if needed :D. )

Get the sleek ones that you like, you wont be selling them as you will wear them out :hyper:

What bike are you getting...

Hell Yeah!!! Going for the SIDIs :D

Beta Argentina is bringing me an EVO 300 2013... should be here by the first days of august... Im really excited about it :D

Im planing to make a Thread... Including the complete bike history...and my intromission into motorcycle trials...ill post then my progress, practice playground build and my general idea of building up something worth-watching.. I come from Professional Stuntriding (Showed off with a BMW F800st and an ATV for a living the last 5 years!!!).

I do this for pure passion, but if I can turn trials riding into a show I can sell, travel, make friends and learn even more...that would be great!!!

Some vids from shows (and other stuff) www.youtube.com/xeriotti

Edited by xeriotti

• 3 months later...

I'm only a newbie to trials riding but I bought the Sidi's. They are awesome. Really comfortable and easily adjustable on the clips.

I haven't had any issue with wet feet either but just in case I treated the stitching to a small amount of 'Dubbin' to protect the stitch line a bit more.

At the end of the day it's a personal choice and I'm convinced (as is the same with helmets) that one make may suit one individual more than another. Both makes look good but I chose the black Sidi model as I'd had Sidi's for years when I had road bikes.