World Round At Penrith

hoggyf

Had a cracking day at the world round, never been able to go before but to be able to see those guys up close is amazing. The sections looked good,hard enough so even the top guys were dropping marks but you could se the talent there.

The observer on the last section was getting some stick on lap 1 for 5ing everyone, but he seemed to have relaxed a little on laps 2 & 3.

Thanks to all the promoters, site staff, observers etc for a job well done.

• Like 2

Cracking couple of days , blessed with the weather on both days a little damp at the start of today but cleared up in time for watching the riders. Wasn't sure how I was going to take watching non stop at world level , I think I still prefer stop but saying that the young lad preferred it this years non stop.

We saw one of the minders on the new 2014 Scorpa , well at least that's what we think it was

null-15.jpg

Cracking riding . Was quite funny hearing that observer getting booed on last section but the smile on his face when he gave Raga a 1 and everybody cheered him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a cracking day at the world round, never been able to go before but to be able to see those guys up close is amazing. The sections looked good,hard enough so even the top guys were dropping marks but you could se the talent there.

The observer on the last section was getting some stick on lap 1 for 5ing everyone, but he seemed to have relaxed a little on laps 2 & 3.

Thanks to all the promoters, site staff, observers etc for a job well done.

No I did not relax on laps 2 and 3. I suggested to the FIM, after lap 1, that another kicker be placed in the section to give the riders a chance of getting through. As i have said in other forums when a rider hits a rock face and his front or rear wheel slips down the rock face he is not moving forward. Therefore a 5 is given. Once this kicker was positioned the riders had more of a chance and I had a little more enjoyment.

No I did not relax on laps 2 and 3. I suggested to the FIM, after lap 1, that another kicker be placed in the section to give the riders a chance of getting through. As i have said in other forums when a rider hits a rock face and his front or rear wheel slips down the rock face he is not moving forward. Therefore a 5 is given. Once this kicker was positioned the riders had more of a chance and I had a little more enjoyment.

Sadly you were an official not supposed to be "enjoying" it. If the crowd thinks you are at fault then perhaps you could be?