Penrith Observers ?

axulsuv

There's the rub, back in previous decades it was a tranny Van for the world's best Trials riders and nowadays it's a flippin' circus................I digress

However Pateley Bridge showground would be ideal, no problem with truck access from Harrogate end and a superb flat showground to park the entourage in

Brimham & Fellbeck not too far away, but I doubt they like to ride on the road nowadays to a group of sections, like Vesty/Lampkin/Birkett/Schreiber/Michaud/Rathmell/Lejuene/Andrews/Saunders did................. in the golden olden days

Pateley Showground - home to the 1976 World Superstars Trial....................it'd be good to see today's best riders ride a similar World Trial from there in 2014

Smack on. Get trials back to what it really is about the rider against the course setter. 1 rider 1 bike no bloody minders, hangers on, media bollocks or race transporters etc etc etc. Close the circus and get back to basics. If they don't like it they can keep the motorhomes the size of a pantechnican but they have to ride on the road between sections and no repeat no bloody service crews and definitely NO MINDERS !!!

We can dream of the good old days, but we cant turn the clock back.

I assume as Jake and mart spent a couple of weeks looking at venues that pately is a non starter for some reason?

Also I suspect that the msa rubbish that is hitting road trials is insurmountable for a wtc road trial, even without 16 year olds on 125's?

So Called "Charity" events don't run like that. In the case of some they will not even look at you unless you can bring in a "Set" amount before the Event even starts. That Allows them to get roads closed along with the "guilt" factor. A "commercial" event is seen as a Cash cow however even if it does bring in Tourists and other money.

There is a law in this country that you can't close a road for a motor sport event. My own club were running a vintage hill climb on a road at saltburn for a few years, all approved by council, police and ACU. Then someone stumbled across this ancient law and brings it to the attention of the authorities and the event is stopped. Now for the stupid part. We still run, but for it to be legal it cannot be a race. The road gets closed and the bikes run from the same start point to the same finish point, perfectly legal, so long as the bikes are road legal and keep to the speed limit. If we time the runs turning it into a race we will be running illegally and won't get permission. So it is now a historic gathering not a sprint/hill climb. Its currently going through parliament to get this law changed, how long that takes god knows. I would imagine it is all that is holding the boarders TT up.

Edited by wri5hty

There is a law in this country that you can't close a road for a motor sport event. My own club were running a vintage hill climb on a road at saltburn for a few years, all approved by council, police and ACU. Then someone stumbled across this ancient law and brings it to the attention of the authorities and the event is stopped. Now for the stupid part. We still run, but for it to be legal it cannot be a race. The road gets closed and the bikes run from the same start point to the same finish point, perfectly legal, so long as the bikes are road legal and keep to the speed limit. If we time the runs turning it into a race we will be running illegally and won't get permission. So it is now a historic gathering not a sprint/hill climb. Its currently going through parliament to get this law changed, how long that takes god knows. I would imagine it is all that is holding the boarders TT up.

What about cycle speed trials on the public highway.

• Like 1

we have looked far an wide for another venue but its very hard to meet the standards required from the FIM trial work book , I live minutes from pateley and It won't work,

the bikes are barely legal these days and meeting the health and safety requirements would be a nightmare, even the BEC events have dropped any road work after the police issued fines and points at lossiemouth back in april,

unless some great sponsor comes along and wants to chuck in 40k only a closed venue can provide a world trial in the uk

Edited by rockhopper

we have looked far a wide for another venue but its very hard to meet the standards required from the FIM trial work book , I live minutes from pateley and It won't work,

the bikes are barely legal these days and meeting the health and safety requirements would be a nightmare, even the BEC events have dropped any road work after the police issued fines and points at lossiemouth back in april,

unless some great sponsor comes along and wants to chuck in 40k only a closed venue can provide a world trial in the uk

FIM needs to change standards by the sound of if ?