Helmet/advice

bryneh

hi all im a newcomer and im after a little advice ,

im new to the sport, i have been on a trials bike before around 5 times but never owned one im looking to get in to the sport but i need advice on what sized engine i should start with i quite like the idea just to jump right in with a 300cc,

also i am wondering if anyone would advise me to start off with a mx full face helmet rather than a open face thanks for the help

You might on a 300. Any open face trials helmet will do to start, just get the right fit. Generally the more expensive helmets are made of more exotic materials and have less weight to them which is noticeable when wearing it all day.

As b40 states, caution must be used with pegs that are sharp edge! They will bite your boot so makes it difficult to slide or remove foot when needed as well!

Seems many stock ali pegs are fairly gentile so the teeth do not bite, although I can tell that a Gasser HEBO style will!

This is going off topic talking about footrests but once the teeth round off on ali pegs your feet slide around and or off which is dangerous. A good platform to stand on is essential so go with steel pegs which are good as they can be repaired and will bend rather than break.

Helmet choice is down to fit really, Airoh are very good as are Arai and Shoei. Mots do a carbon version. Cheaper ones are still good helmets but may not be as light or vent as well.

The best boots i had of late were sidi good protection and support and hard wearing. Got Forma currently but they flex a bit too much round the ankle in my view.

Finally dont buy a 300 i was scared of my last one and ive been riding 35 years ! Feel great in a car park but in a confined space far too quick.