Ongoing 2003 Sherco Saga

wombat

ok finally got the bike to run, and run it did!!! did some practice work, then it just stopped..1 kick and it fires back up and off I go again for another 1 minute, then stop.

I cleaned out the carby, the gauze behind the inlet too, blew it all out with the compressor, checked the floats not sticking etc. there is no kinks in the fuel hose and its stock tuning.

Can anyone help with this one?

ok finally got the bike to run, and run it did!!! did some practice work, then it just stopped..1 kick and it fires back up and off I go again for another 1 minute, then stop.

I cleaned out the carby, the gauze behind the inlet too, blew it all out with the compressor, checked the floats not sticking etc. there is no kinks in the fuel hose and its stock tuning.

Can anyone help with this one?

Sounds like fuel supply to carb is partially blocked by maybe a fuel filter (carb runs out of gas then slowly refills........repeat)

Swap a stator to be sure, they're intermittent ,temperamental buggers at times <_< . You may be looking at a heat induced insulation problem; very hard to define with a meter so see if you can find a short term donor stator to test.

Im thinking it maybe fuel issues here...as I dont have anyone close by who would let me strip their stator out of the bike (Closest 1 would be 200kms away...) Ill look at the carby again.

Thanks for your input.

I remember putting a meter on mine and it came up good until I start prodding around the "trigger" area and wires leading to it. Then I found a bad solder joint. anyway, I think fuel issues would give you lean running before stalling. Electrical issues simply kill the bike. jmo, cheers, i think there were some good threads on this from years ago with meter values etc.