Lithium Batteries

bail

sorry im in Bradford and ive looked at the topic on lithium batteries , every body seems to be saying something different on them ,is there any body who can make a set for my 36v bike or make a list what I need and some diagrams how to put them together.

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/34845-oset-batteries-lithium-lipo-conversion-directions/page__st__150 the info that you are after starts on this page of this thread but all the info in this thread is relevent. It can work out very expensive if you overlook some detail.., batterys from hobbyking ( uk warehouse) , chargers and additional stuff from hobbyking, giantshark.co.uk or ebay.

just found these Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 5S 25~50C Lipo.. would these do the job.

yes, they will do the job very well, they do cost a little more but they perform better ( will not really be noticable on a oset ) and they are slightly smaller in size.

Another option is EarthX. They make a lithium that is packaged in a plastic hard shell with a battery management system (BMS) built in. They sell kits specifically for Osets. The advantage of these is that they can be charged while still in the bike and can be treated just like the stock batteries (no worries about running them too low). They still shave the same amount of weight and charge way faster than stock. They are 12 aH so about 20% more capacity than new stock batteries. The down side is that they are more expensive. I don't know if they have dealers in your area. I am a dealer for them in the US.

Link to the 36V kit:

http://earthxmotorsports.com/products-page/etx-batteries/oset-36v-kit/

For 24v and 36v the kit includes a new charger. For the 48v kit they say that the stock charger works fine.

I run HobbyKing Lipos and also EarthX's in different bikes at different times. I have some customers running each. Overall, the EarthX solution is a nice option for people who are looking for simplicity in the install and in ownership. HK lipos are a better choice for people who enjoy a little more tinkering and put price as a top priority.

I am considering selling a long run battery kit for the 20" Oset. I have the prototype in my bike now. It comes with lithium batteries (EarthX), hardshell plastic covers custom molded to the battery pack, color coded wires and everything needed to mount them. Batteries can be swapped out in less than two minutes. The kit is 24 aH which is 2.4 times the stock capacity. It weighs under 10 lbs so you shave 20 lbs. off the bike and more than double run time. It would sell for less than the retail cost of the 4 batteries. Any interest? Any interest in a similar kit for the 16" bikes?