2006 4Rt Suspension Settings

82911sc

I am a 175 lb sportsman class rider and am in need of suspension setting tips . I am curious about the preload screw on the lt fork. When I turn it all the way in and back it out 2 turns as per the manual it seems like it is not doing anything except unscrewing the adjuster, in other words no friction or tension is on it when it is turned out 2 turns. As for the comp and rebound adjustments is the compression adjuster on the bottom of the rt fork is it at full compression when turned all the way in ? The rebound adjuster on the rt fork seems to have no effect whether it is turned all the way in or out. I just need a good baseline setting from somebody who understands this stuff.

From previous 4rt post "downhill grip"

I am 13 stone and this was settings on the bike from Sandifords and feels spot on

rear

6 clicks out - spring quiet soft

Front

N/S fork full down on blue allen socket then 6.5 turns out

O/S fork 10 clicks out.

Set up my mates with this and he feels it's much better

From previous 4rt post "downhill grip"

I am 13 stone and this was settings on the bike from Sandifords and feels spot on

rear

6 clicks out - spring quiet soft

Front

N/S fork full down on blue allen socket then 6.5 turns out

O/S fork 10 clicks out.

Set up my mates with this and he feels it's much better

Thanks ' I understand the rear and the N/s fork but there are 2 settings on the o/s fork (compression-clicker underneath ) and rebound (Blue knob on top) . Is the 10 clicks out on the rebound knob? and if so what do you have the compression clicker under the fork set at?

Thanks ' I understand the rear and the N/s fork but there are 2 settings on the o/s fork (compression-clicker underneath ) and rebound (Blue knob on top) . Is the 10 clicks out on the rebound knob? and if so what do you have the compression clicker under the fork set at?

Is this in the manual - never played with this. I believed one leg was compression and one was rebound.

Is this in the manual - never played with this. I believed one leg was compression and one was rebound.

SC is almost correct, compression and rebound damping are on the right leg (fro on the bike) the left leg is only spring pre load.

Compression adjustment is at the bottom of the casing and rebound the click adjuster on the top.

For what is is worth, at 65kg I found the standard spring rates to high for my riding style, both front and rear. Reducing pre load on either unit only increased the sag on the bike and lowered the ride height, didn't soften up the ride. I went for TRP at rear (only because I could get a lower rate spring) and found a lighter Ohlins spring for the forks. This meant that I could set the sag as normal and enjoy a softer ride.