Knocking Ticking Over On 4Rt

mcbou46

Posting for a little advise really.... I've got a 2008 model 4rt, in June time I had a 280 kit fitted (Athena) heard pretty good things about the make but not so bank breaking as a s3 kit...

whilst running it in after the change the engine was really loud, you could really hear the piston working, I was reassured by a montesa owners this is pretty normal after having the 280 fitted. They were right after couple of weeks it really quietened down but now there is a tapping sound coming from the engine on tick over and the first quarter of the throttle...

I'm keen on the maintenance, I run Castrol engine oil and elf in the gearbox so its not like i'm running crap through it...

can anyone point me in the right direction to solve it!?!?!

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

My 280 (whatever pidcocks supplied) is noisy on idle, sounds like its coming from the clutch side of the bike. It's been like this for 9 months, gets ridden hard pretty much every weekend and got thrashed round the manx 2 day, it has never changed so im just going with the flow. :)

Edited by warby beta

• 7 years later...