1984 Ty250 Mono Revival: Few Questions, Parts Source In Usa?

jontow

thanks JSE for the reply

would you have any pictures as I fancy doing the same mods to my bike here in the U.K ,

As I am a engineer and have use of machines that could help me out on the build

thanks stu

Stu,

It's been quite some time and the notes and photos have probably been lost. All the modifications on the bike were specific to my riding style so there is a good possibility they would not work as well for you. It would be best to evaluate what type of performance you want out of the bike as that will dictate the modifications needed.

The shock internal/external changes were based on frame modifications, engine changes and alterations to the front forks so the bike is designed to work as a unit rather than a collection of parts.

I noticed you have "ty hybrid", what has been done so far and how do you like the bike's performance? Maybe I can give some suggestions that you might consider.

Jon

Hi Jon

mods so far are short inlet (cut off 10mm and re welded back on )with fiber reeds

,gasgas front end and bottom yoke made on the cnc machine in work ,foot rest mods welded down and back a inch ,

may put another carb on to make it run better and lighten the fly wheel (cut the otter ring off )

and looking for a Talon rear wheel or may put a rear end from a TYZ 250 and have a disc brake and tubeless wheel

what mods would you suggest

Edited by millerme

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jontow,

Sorry to chime in late here but you have a great resource for TY Mono parts there in NY. Lanes Yamaha in Watkins Glen sold a ton of mono's. When ever we needed stuff they usually had it in stock. Dad and I rode them back in the 80's and 90's and grew up in Syracuse. Mike Komer there in Locke at the Tryals shop may have some of what you need as well. If it comes down to it bringing the bike to either place may be a good idea. You also have a lot of Ty Mono experience with both 3D and D4 clubs there.

Stay cool and snow free... :icon_rendeer:

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas