started out as a tlr 200 reflex

IMAG1167_zps692873fb.jpg

the head stock was cut through the tubes

IMAG0014_zps05fca3f6.jpg

backing plates were added inside the tubes and fully butt welded

IMAG0015_zpsd7ba7fa9.jpg

you can see the difference in this picture

IMAG0019_zpsc10299b4.jpg

the footpegs were lowered and s3 pegs added, all surplus brackets removed and painted black

IMAG0022_zps3a711778.jpg

the engine was paint stripped and the head removed to sort some leaks

IMAG0023_zpsd7548c7a.jpg

gasgas forks were added as my other tlr

IMAG0154_zps62dc3223.jpg

then the new bits started to arrive, new tank, rear mudguard, front mudguard, front pipe, rear exhaust, handle bars, fork guards, swing arm guards, alloy shocks, wheels powder coated and new spokes, new custom decals

IMAG0482_zpsa53a6e74.jpg

IMAG0484_zpsb03e3499.jpg

IMAG0485_zpse6e0ef9c.jpg

• Like 7

rode it today at richmond trial but was let down by carb flooding, took most of the trial to sort it out , manged to still get 1 1/2 laps in so tried it out

the front springs are very soft even with loads of preload, think they might be 125 gasgas

rode great other wise

swapped carb and forks from other bike, out again tomorrow to try again

• 3 weeks later...

Nice.

Is that a Gollner tank? What tank is on your white bike if you don't mind me asking?

How much did you Change your wheel base? What did you base your measurements on?

I'm shopping for tanks for my reflex and am not sure if I want a full fiberglass unit or the Gollner style. I would like the most narrow one possible.

I have an old beta techno...not sure if I want to part it out for the forks but I love the idea...

thanks for the questions

its a shedworks tank on the red one, aluminium tank (better with modern fuel) , fibreglass shroud, any colour you want,

the white bike, i dont know, was on when i bought it, plastic tank, fibreglass shroud

wheelbase i will have to check, matched the fork angle to the 4rt

you can get old gasgas or beta shocks and yoke for £100,. so its your choice, makes a massive difference with rockshocks and good forks

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

get it modified,

Believe me, I'm on the fence about this. A nice modded TLR would be cool, but then again OJ has....some...history just the way it is. Not to mention the fact that in it's current state, I'm certainly not afraid to take it out and beat the crap out of it in competition. I'd think twice about that if I made it too nice. I own users, not museum bikes.

But your scoot is super-cool..... :unsure: