Honda Tlr 200 Repsol - Loads Of Mods

petermac

Brewtus, or anyone, if you were to go this sort of route with your TLR where would you look for a replacement fork, or at least an upgrade?

The upgrade I would love to make is a Showa 315R fork and triple-clamp upgrade to OJ. I'd personally leave the frame alone, no cutting. If after the fanasy 315R steering upgrade it still did not steer well, then I'd hack the s*it out of the frame. Anything to make this chopper turn like a proper Trials bike should! :thumbup:

Edited by brewtus

Lots of folks run the 35mm Marzocchi's off the fantic 240's on them with good results . I don't know what combo of clamps and bearings they use though . (but I do have a complete set , wheel and all if my son ever gets to the serious mod's needed point ! :) )

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Problem is finding a set of forks here in the states. There's probably more used trials parts in the UK than in our whole country. Complete bikes come up for sale locally but it would be hard to justify buying a whole bike just for the forks. Ah well, I'll keep my eyes open

How do 35mm Marzocchi's fit in a stock Relex yoke? I thought the stock tubes were 33mm.

I've seen more than one TY350 Mono front-end upgrade on these things. I've ridden a nice modded example with the TY front end, and it was soooo much better than my stock TLR.

No Good Reason and Brand Whoredom keep me chained to my decision. I was a Honda Certified Technician in a previous life, and I just can't help meself. That, and I have all the tools to overhaul those forks... :rolleyes:

Edited by brewtus

• 3 months later...