Help With Double Blip? (Video Included)

sawtooth

Trying to go from the floor straight to the back wheel being on the log (not sure if this a double blip or what?), anyway so far i'm managing to compress the forks on the log then i'm trying to spring the back wheel straight up, but as you can see in the video the back wheel isn't really jumping up. I can definitely feel that i'm making a difference to the back wheel as it seems like its gone really light and is floating over the log rather than banging in to it and hanging up.

So what do I need to do here, is it just that I need to work on compressing the rear suspension more/harder/faster on the approach?

http://youtu.be/j614SglIKOU

The very first move in the video below is what i'm trying to work towards...

Edited by sawtooth

I'm no trials coach but what's happening there is the rear wheel has a perfect ramp and is just rolling up and over the log

It does not need lift as its pretty much a jump

I would lose the kicker and hit the log with a vertical wall

Also probably need to hit the log lower with the front wheel to get more compression on the back suspension

I'm no trials coach but what's happening there is the rear wheel has a perfect ramp and is just rolling up and over the log

It does not need lift as its pretty much a jump

I would lose the kicker and hit the log with a vertical wall

Also probably need to hit the log lower with the front wheel to get more compression on the back suspension

Awesome thanks, will try that next time then :)

Firstly what gear are you in? If I understand you correctly you are trying go over the log with only the back wheel hitting the log?

If that is the case then you need to go slower up to the log and about a bikes lengths away pull the clutch in revving the bike all while loading the suspension once loaded and revved dump dump the clutch and unload. You are basically going to splatter the log.

This is best done in second gear.