Changing Carbs,2011 2.9

bultaco82

I bought a keihin carb on ebay and I'm trying to install it on my 2011 2.9 sherco. When I put it into the intake manifold, the choke lever hits the CDI unit. The keihin is about 3/8 inch shorter on the motor side than the stock dellorto. Has anyone done this successfully? If so, how? Thanks!

I suggest you read this topic. http://www.trialscen...herco-250-carb/

Not for the same bike (ST2.5) but might give you some ideas. You'll see someone made a spacer to change the angle of the CDI unit so the choke lever has room to operate.

On 2012 and up the CDI was moved on the side, that's something you could also consider. Might be as simple as adding the CDI bracket that was introduced in 2012 ?

• 4 weeks later...

I fitted the keihin on mine, same bike 290 11. Moved the CDI up a bit and fastened it with strips. Just make sure that the negative wire is securely fastened somewhere. Bought the modified carb at Splatshop after much trouble with the original VHST Dellorto. Apart from changing the rear spring to one, that fits my weight, this is the best mod I've done. Bike runs sharp and always starts, also after bottom up crashes. Runs with 1,5% synth oil mix. Worth every penny. Next year I'll change the air filter housing and the inlet manifold to 2012-model. This makes the carb sit horizontally, and the CDI can go back in place.

moller40