Bbc Article Gets It Wrong

ianj

Typical BBC.....they should try doing a bit of actual research first to get their facts right. I would bet a pound to a pinch of Sh*t that they would not issue a correction if their error was pointed out to them. Even if they had said "trail" bike they would still have been wrong, the kid was clearly riding a motocrosser!!!

And that old duffer talking about baffles and aircraft engines........what sort of expert is he?

online complaints to the BBC at this link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complain-online/

Edited by canada280i

Sadly the public wouldn't know the difference between a Trials bike a Mxer if they were run over by either of them.

Trials would be a lot more popular if the general public were wise to the difference.

No doubt most trials riders have tried to explain the sport to others,but it's not a conversation that I relish.

I think more events like the City Trial would help.

Odd thing to me is the clip was in Yorkshire which is the one place you would think they would know these things?

• Like 1

That stupid pillock going on about removing the baffles and the bikes being louder than a jet , what a cock ! I live near BAE Warton and the Euro fighter (for instants) shakes the house when it goes over here , try one of them on your back field then , or a cop helicopter , how loud are they ?

The funny thing is the cops let the guy on the bike off with a "stiff" talking to , bet he's crapping himself now then !

If the general public are ignorant of trials, then it may be no bad thing. A proportion of the population can be relied upon to view as all as bunch of irresponsible hooligans who are destroying the environment and polluting "their" countryside just because we ride off road on motorcycles. If they realise we're doing so in the woods down the road from their home they would do their best to stop us; the fact that we do so perfectly legally and without offending others would be an irrelevance to some.

• Like 3

Hi all,

The BBC have updated the article heading........now says........"West Yorkshire Police chase off-road biker"

My work here is done.

Ian.

Too bad they didn't update the audio. When I watched it the audio still clearly states "trials"