Tall Riders Of The Ty250 Mono.

gb rob

What bars do you use? :)

Im 6 foot 6 and just got my TY all together and even got an MOT on it (not that im doing any mileage on it). Anyway Im finding it a bit low in the bar region, even after I put some Renthal enduro High bars in it. Now I have a GasGas EC300 and a Kawasaki KDX220R, obviously you can chop and change clamps etc on them but the TY are solid clamps and worse still, point back towards you. This is obviously not very handy for risers.

So, any idea chaps?

Cheers.

Renthal 6inch trials bars should be the best bet, modern trials bikes normally come with a 5 or 5.5inch rise. BVM-moto list the 6inch rise with the part code RE6.0-768silver, my guess is the 768 is the bend with the 6.0 standing foe the rise & silver is the colour

I have seen TYs with a set of "up and back" road bike risers fitted the opposite way (ie up and forwards)

Also seen an interesting set up with a piece of flat bar bolted across the original clamps, and an aftermarket Fatbar clamp bolted on, forward of the originals. Looked ugly, but the owner claimed it worked.

Mark

Right, bars on order. Yokes, mmmmmm, maybe after some serious creeping to the financial director (wife). Cheers all, much appreciated. Oh, I do have a mate that's a bit of a dab hand with billet so on so forth. May have words with him at some stage to :)

The Twinshockshop do a set of yokes for the TY Mono with repositioned bar mounting which look as though you can also use risers with

http://www.thetwinsh...co.uk/parts.php

Just scroll down the page and you'll come to them

Thing that always annoys me about the Twinshock Shop, actually lots of things annoy me about the Twinshock Shop LOL, is there are never any prices. Does it just depend on if they've had a good week or if you sound well off or not when you ring ?
  • Like 1

The lack of prices is a issue, asked them via email last week about a set of spokes for the akront flanged rim onto a ty hub & was shocked to be told 200pounds. Wouldn't have bothered asking if I knew that was going to be the answer

• Like 1

The lack of prices is a issue, asked them via email last week about a set of spokes for the akront flanged rim onto a ty hub & was shocked to be told 200pounds. Wouldn't have bothered asking if I knew that was going to be the answer

Ditto, price for twin shock Aprilia actually made laugh !

• Like 1