4Rt New 260 - Who's Got One?

johnnyboxer

We got one 4RT 260 here in Sweden that I test rode last weekend.

The new engine is really nice. Little softer on low revs but alot more punch on mid and high revs. The engine feels more lively and smoother in its power delivery. That camshaft together with the changed fuel injection map does make a big difference.

The changed engine brake was only noticable to me on low revs when you open and close the throttle. Now when you close the throttle the engine does not brake as hard as before. This give a smoother feel on low revs.

The new suspension do make the bike feel alot lighter and nimble. One guy that test rode the new Montesa rides a Sherco normally and he thought the Montesa ha a better setup even though it is the same suspension compnents on the Sherco and the new Montesa.

The suspension is quicker than before but still has that smooth soft feeling a Montesa always have.

However, I have been spoiled by riding with Showa suspension for the last eight years. I did't get the same confidence with the new suspension and to me it felt a little unstable. It is probably only a setup issue.

Bottom line is: TRY the standard bike BEFORE you discard it as the cheap bike no one wants. It will surprise you.

• Like 3

Heard today that mine should be in on Friday (Mickey Oates in Glasgow) and hopefully able to collect on Saturday. :banana: :banana:

Still waiting for my new Repsol, which one did you order, standard or Repsol? Haven't heard anything from my dealer yet, so will look forward to hearing your views on the new bike.

I officially now "have" one. There were 3 x standards and a further Repsol sitting in the shop all with sold stickers on as far as I could see.Looks like they were sent early enough as mine is a low number i.e single figures. Too wet to get it out the van yet but hope to get out for a blast tomorrow.

Edited by hughesy

Didn't manage to get out on mine, very wet up here and i didn't want to upset the farmer at my local practice ground by making a mess of land plus the burns were in spate so not rideable. :rolleyes:

It came with the Repsol headlight unit in a box but annoyingly it didn't come with the bracket which mounts it to the bottom yoke or the replacement front brake hose guide! ( As can clearly be seen in JJ65's avatar pic)

Mickey Oates have already been back to Honda, I advised them that these parts obliviously exist they are on the press release bikes.

Spent the day transferring bling on to it or at least bling that fits. So far found that I had to slightly shorten my S3 titanium pipe to get it to fit and that my Hope top yoke is approx 11mm to thick for the new steerer stem which has a nut now instead of a bolt.

Interestingly the motor does sound different particularly on over run, don't think its in my head?

Looking forward to getting out on it on Saturday come Rain or Shine!

Edited by hughesy
  • Like 3

Didn't manage to get out on mine, very wet up here and i didn't want to upset the farmer at my local practice ground by making a mess of land plus the burns were in spate so not rideable. :rolleyes:

It came with the Repsol headlight unit in a box but annoyingly it didn't come with the bracket which mounts it to the bottom yoke or the replacement front brake hose guide! ( As can clearly be seen in JJ65's avatar pic)

Mickey Oates have already been back to Honda, I advised them that these parts obliviously exist they are on the press release bikes.

Spent the day transferring bling on to it or at least bling that fits. So far found that I had to slightly shorten my S3 titanium pipe to get it to fit and that my Hope top yoke is approx 11mm to thick for the new steerer stem which has a nut now instead of a bolt.

Interestingly the motor does sound different particularly on over run, don't think its in my head?

Looking forward to getting out on it on Saturday come Rain or Shine!

All of this talk about how they look is driving me nuts, How do they GO ????

Or is this part of the Montesa advertising thing of releasing only a little bit of info at a time????

Come on guys, you can't possibly have had the bike for a few days without riding it, can you ??

• Like 1