Beta Front Fender Options

tman427

This is my second front fender for my 2011 Evo 4t. The first break, that was me launching off of a large rock. Bought a new one (reparing old as well) and it snapped in half crossing a stream when a stick (tree branch) got stuck under the back portion. Seems like the white fender is kind of brittle, not sure.. Still have the original back mudgaurd on though.

I heard that a GasGas fender will fit a 2011 Evo 300 4t? Has any one tried this as I don't want to spend the money if it does not fit properly.

Many thanks

post-14581-0-98877500-1381163318_thumb.jpg

I have a 2011 evo and I have also cracked the front mudguard, I glued it and put a metal plate .underneath. I then put a sticker over the crack, I thought about buying a new one but I would probably just damage that one as well. I must agree with you that they do seem to be very .brittle and there must be stronger ones out there. .

I fitted a GasGas front mudguard to my 2013 2T Evo. I had to chop off around 50mm from the rear as it was fouling on the exhaust but that might not be a problem on the 4T. The GG mudguard fits straight on, is cheaper and much less prone to breaking.

I have a 2011 evo and I have also cracked the front mudguard, I glued it and put a metal plate .underneath. I then put a sticker over the crack, I thought about buying a new one but I would probably just damage that one as well. I must agree with you that they do seem to be very .brittle and there must be stronger ones out there. .

Thanks, did that with my 2007 Sherco rear mudgaurd ...could not kill itr after that. Used camo duct tape to hide the rivits and plates.

I fitted a GasGas front mudguard to my 2013 2T Evo. I had to chop off around 50mm from the rear as it was fouling on the exhaust but that might not be a problem on the 4T. The GG mudguard fits straight on, is cheaper and much less prone to breaking.

Was it a new 2013 GG front mud guard? Think I may go this route and also mend the old one as a back up.

I just broke the front fender on my 2013 EVO 250. It was a slow, first gear tip over on slick hardpack - no rocks, roots, or logs, temperature was low 70's F / 20's C. post-9348-0-72122400-1381279310_thumb.jpg

What a piece of garbage!!!

I don't expect any dirtbike fender to be indestructible but this should not have happened. From all the complaints I've been reading, it seems that Beta is selling trials bikes so they can make a fortune selling replacement fenders. There is no excuse for such poor quality material. Beta will not get my $ for any replacements. I'll get a Jitsie for the rear.

Some questions about a replacement front fender:

1. Is the GasGas fender really an EZ bolt-on fit?

2. Jitsie part #JI110-FRMUDGUARD - is this as flexible as their rear fender kit?

Thanks to all.