Beta Evo 2013 Engine Rattle

skyline1

Air screw is a very fine adjustment and only matters when the throttle is closed

Sounds more like your needle is lean, you could try dropping the clip one position

Both my Rev and my Evo were lean on the pilot jet, mekes them fussy for set up of the air screw and lean hesitation off idle in cold weather

Fuel is as big a scam as anything

Octane ratings are simply the ability to resist detonation, fuels are designed specifically for fuel injected multi cylinder four cycle engines

In canada we have winter and summer fuel as well which changes things based on seasons

A throttle chop ping is not necessarily unusual it seems. If you think about it, when you chop throttle you cut fuel as well so things may go lean.

Only thing feeding fuel in is primary circuit, so it makes sense that an increase in pilot jet size may help.

What jets are in it? On the Kiehin, seems 45-48 range is not uncommon, not sure about your area fuel.

Many thanks for your help everybody. Dropping the clip seems to have done the job, no pinking today. I just have to get the air-fuel mix spot on & she will be right. I am on the bottom of the needle so any more & jet size would have needed changing.

Well the top end of the pilot circuit and the bottom side of the needle circuit sort of coincide

It's kind of unusual to need to move the clip to that position when other riders don't

I suspect the is is something else going on and adjusting the needle is masking it

Has the float height been lowered substantially at any point?, fuel level will effect the same circuit

Edited by 0007

• 7 years later...

On 11/1/2013 at 7:56 PM, skyline1 said:

Just dropped the clip on my carb needle it was already one down from the middle so is now on the bottom, then adjusted the air fuel screw. I will be out on the bike tomorrow or Sunday but it seams fine at the moment.

Did you cure this problem as i have the same as you describe