The Scott

zerorev3rev4

I maybe slightly misused the term clubman, I was not referring to riders who justy ride the easy courses at club trials rather than experts course. I mean the vast majority of riders who pay all their own way, rather than those on works or dealer bikes.

I have a few finishers certificates and a few finishes just outside time so I know how tough it is, but if I were only ever to be allowed to ride one trial again I would choose the scott.

Lets be frank though, riders arranging to have wheels etc taken out to the course are intending to cheat, no other word for it. This is not just my opinion it is shared by other scott riders I talked to.

Regarding being able to drop out of a secion for just a 5. This is just placing more pressure on observers to make a judgement on what is genuine that they could well do without (I have observed at the scott) and observers making difficult judgements has attracted a lot of controversy. Definately some gained an advantage by doing so.

JR Sunt - did you have your back tyre a shade hard, you seemed to be struggling for grip at Whaw?

Ha ha, they are always some of my boogie sections, they just felt like ice! Ran nearly 5psi in rear dunlop to avoid punctures.

I could have done with some outside assistance from someone with a diagnostic kit for a mont! "Why won't this bl@@dy thing start"

• Like 1

Riders are supposed to complete the whole of the section even if they five at the beginning. Used to state in the regulations about completing a section, not sure if they still do though. Anyone riding out of section and not completing it should be given a five and a note made on "remarks" on the observers pad stating " did not attempt" and I think 50 marks added. Two of these non attempts around the course and a rider is excluded. Our section is a stream and there is no shortcut out of the side so it makes my life easier in that respect.

Dadof2, Got the bike sorted. She had no spark, tried a new plug and did a lot of head scratching and cursing at the time but turned out to be simple. The wire from the fuel pump back to the wiring loom had somehow become disconnected at the block connector! Plugged it back together and started 2nd kick.

The last time I had the tank off was after the scottish, so I presume I hadn't pushed the connector home properly, annoying but at least it hasn't cost a bucket load to fix.

on the several CofC seminars i've attended this issue (being able to inspect sections, ask for a five, etc) has come up. the thinking had been explained that riders must not be forced to do something they don't feel capable of on safety grounds (duty of care, etc)