Anyone Tried To 'chip' A 4Rt

trialsertl

I remember someone telling me a few years ago, they went to a local Honda dealer they were on good terms with to see if they had any leads that would fit the standard throttle body. The assumption being that it must have been mapped in the first place so there must be a way of mapping it. This was before Sandifords went and before Honda wanted all their road bike dealers to stock off-road models.

He reckoned they did it with the same mapping lead as used on a CBR600.

Np idea if this is fact or not, just reporting what he said.

I can write a book on my experince with the hacking of the ECU.

Started with cutting open a standard ECU and finished with an unsatisfied fealing.

The standard body has also two mappings, a homologation (road legal) and competition mapping activated when you remove the lights.

It is possible to change the mapping of standard body, but you must have the software which is right for the standard body.

The connection leads will also connect to the standard ECU but the software we can buy is not right for the standard ECU.

If you use the single stage software on a twin map ecu you will get get an error message on your screen and in the other way also.

An other way is to tweak the software we can buy.

I have done this with the single stage software which i now can use for a two stage ecu and for the twin map software which is now usable for the single stage ECU.

Connecting direct to the ECU in the way they do with the factory Montesa's is in my opinion the easiest way but ......

My knowledge of EEPROM and EE programming is almost zero so i can't go any further. Till now it cost me hundreds and hundreds of hours to come to this point. I have made for myself the decission to stop with it.

post-572-0-95449700-1382862960_thumb.jpg

post-572-0-04189100-1382862977_thumb.jpg

post-572-0-00507800-1382862992_thumb.jpg