Jotagas 2014 Mods

shercoben12

Telecat. If you replace oil with 400mm instead of 450 it won't blow oil out. The residual oil after a drain down ads to the refill and amounts to too much. It then blows out as it's too full. In other words, it doesn't drain fully.A simple solution that works. J T told me this along with having the chain with a good amount of slack as it gets tight otherwise when the suspension compresses. If you ever get any vagueness in gear selection there us a simple fix for that as well.

Edited by gasgas249uk

Hi GG249UK. We are only using 400ml and this fill was done by Andy at Pennine after the Box was totally drained after the cover broke. I noticed the tightness of the chain on adjustment and when at rest It just clears. No problems with the gear selection Chris thinks it is spot on at the moment.

Edited by telecat

Having got off a Beta.. I ground a bit off the steering stops.. (2013 model).not all but a little makes a big diffetrence. Agree regards oil level....regards 300 or 250....the 250 is nice to ride...loads of feel and bottom end with more top end than joe average is ever going to use properly. If anybody has improved carburation with the dellorto I would like to know.....I find.it is tricky to get sweet tickover and have smooth pickup with no pinking ...have tried dropping the needle which made for smoother pickup but it was actually harder to ride for me..I was also concerned regards motor getting hotter.....with higher ambient temps here and interzones of up to 20 miles at a time I thought it best to have a slightly rich ( and I mean slightly) runnimg motor which won,t blow its top off. Like I said before this bike has "given" me back 10 years so I love it.

We have got the Keihin Working well. It is very quick though. Seemingley it's a case of playing with the jets and the slide. Chris has a different setting to those others use. I also found that if the plug gap is too close the bike runs rough. The little pipe seems to do a good job. The Oil does go up the Breather tube but unlike before it drops when rev's are taken off. I may increase the length as a little still comes out if he really revs the motor.

post-98-0-21669300-1398686223_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-18999600-1398686232_thumb.jpg

Ossa has the same issue with oil blow and the breather tubes are in the same area, although ossa have moved it on the 2014 models, I bought one of these to rectify the problem bad allow use of more oil

http://trialparts-shop.de/produkt/ossa-motorentlueftung/

Not sure if the ossa part will fit or if they make similar for jotagas but may be worth looking

Ref the pinking and tick over -

After lots of suggestions and lots of tinkering with all sorts, i changed the cylinder head insert to a lower compression gold coloured one. This eliminates Pinking completely. The engine is smoother from Tick over up through the rev range. It now revs higher and is much smoother. It revs higher as well. Its a massive improvement. The engine just feels happier.

I rode it in a trial yesterday and there's a dramatic improvement. Ok ...the pinking wasnt all t time before , but it was a little annoying.

Now ...its all sorted :).

IMG_0176_zps0f537ac1.jpgIMG_0157_zps6d6254d3.jpg

And if you don't speak or understand the written word of German, how do you know or order ?

They are working on an English site but I used google translate to order my part, or you can just email them, I received a reply back in english

It's arrived and I have fitted it. The Seal cap for the old breather is a tight fit but it's in and secure. The Filler plug is a 13mm spanner and a length of tube was supplied. First run out looks promising I will be changing the oil this week and we'll see if it blows.