Re Building A Ty175 And Need Some Help... Foot Pegs And Head Bearings

lewisg8957

Hi all,

Firstly i need some help with foot pegs.. the ones that came off the bike where very much so worse for where what alternatives are there out there any info would be great?

Headstock bearings...Im not sure I' ve brought the right kit(All Balls Racing kit) as pictures will show.. The lower race sits very far up the steerer tube and is there another section i need to get out of the top of the frame to fit the top seat??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Im from England so parts in the UK would be great

Many thanks (in advance)

Lewis

Top head stock looks normal and ready to accept upper bearing outer race

Yes you need to remove the old lower race before fitting the new lower race

Sammy Miller Products sells footpeg kits for TY175. The RH footpeg from the kit sticks out too far for the kickstart to clear it. Some people run without a footpeg spring on that side to allow for kicking. If you have to have a spring (to pass tech inspection at a trial) you can make a catch to hold the peg up when you start the motor.

The SM footpeg kit pegs tends to sag with use. Also if yours is a TY175JC or TY175JE (with the stand mount as part of the LH footpeg mount), then you will lose your stand mount if you fit them.

There are lots of better aftermarket footpegs but you would need to make your own mounting plates to use them.

So that little step doesn't need to come out to accept new tapered bearing seat ? And bottom tapered bearing won't go any further down even when the old seat is taken off so therefore this must be the wrong bearing kit... Cheers for the info on sm foot pegs any other company's out there sell them ? Cheers Lewis

So that little step doesn't need to come out to accept new tapered bearing seat ? And bottom tapered bearing won't go any further down even when the old seat is taken off so therefore this must be the wrong bearing kit... Cheers for the info on sm foot pegs any other company's out there sell them ? Cheers Lewis

what little step? all I can see in your fuzzy photo of the steering head tube is the top bearing seat

maybe its just a terminology thing? the seats in the headstock tube are what the bearing outers rest against. The bearing inners go on the stem/axle

Bearing parts for those sort of tapered roller bearings are called outer race, inner race and rolling elements/cage