2014 Scorpa

eddie_lejeune

Why bother?

The sherco is very similar with proven pedigree.

unless its £500 cheaper who other than the odd oddball will buy one.

My guess is they will sell less than the 4rt, and jotagas.

why bother you ask !! well if everybody was as predictable as you we would all be riding the same brand of bike and that would be soooo boring,

judging by the pictures I would say it looks pretty dam good and I bet it will also ride pretty dam good as well, lets see it in action before you totally rubbish it

isnt a Gasser and a sherco very similar and doesnt the Jota gas have a cloned Gas gas engine, so they all copy each other so something must be right

why bother you ask !! well if everybody was as predictable as you we would all be riding the same brand of bike and that would be soooo boring,

judging by the pictures I would say it looks pretty dam good and I bet it will also ride pretty dam good as well, lets see it in action before you totally rubbish it

isnt a Gasser and a sherco very similar and doesnt the Jota gas have a cloned Gas gas engine, so they all copy each other so something must be right

so will you be buying one?

I just hope the 2014 Scorpa no longer has that angled skid plate. :wall: (probably a comment about 4 yrs late.........)

Correct, I think about 06/7 the old plate got binned.

Really wish they had kept the linkless rear suspension.

Ok maybe not as subtle as some modern set up's..

Great for folk who've worked on bikes too long.

It's a Sherco with the tank in the right place.

Edited by breagh

the glass half full view is Scorpa has made many improvements over last year bikes. Most notably, linkage, shock, forks, frame, exhaust, motor, carb, plastics, weight. I would guess this bike is now competitive with any bike. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at the Championship level soon. It has the strength of Sherco behind it (I believe Sherco projects 10,000 units this year).

I don't see any drawbacks, Twenty years and looking strong.

so will you be buying one?

maybe maybe not, But I will reserve judgement on the merits or bad points of the bike once I have had chance to see and ride one in the flesh, if and when I decide to get a new bike I will certainly have a good luck at it,

what I can say is that judging by looks alone i think its a nice looking machine, with a proven engine in it so I suspect it will be a very good clubman bike, and yes I have owned a Scorpa before (2003) and the only reason I swapped makes was due to the importer at the time wasnt the best with customer service

the glass half full view is Scorpa has made many improvements over last year bikes. Most notably, linkage, shock, forks, frame, exhaust, motor, carb, plastics, weight. I would guess this bike is now competitive with any bike. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at the Championship level soon. It has the strength of Sherco behind it (I believe Sherco projects 10,000 units this year).

I don't see any drawbacks, Twenty years and looking strong.

Does sherco sell 10,000 units?

Boris wtf?

All models what?

They don't make as many Enduro bikes as trials?

As baldilocks says he doubts 10 k for everyone and I'm guessing hes very right.

Do the math, Catalonia would be in a very healthy economic position if one very small industry generated 25 million in export sales.

14 years ago Sherco was doing 5000 units, 3000 trials, that was before enduro and x ride. so, do your math, come up with some facts and we'll all see where we end up. Sherco is a French company with plants in Nimes and Barclaona. cheers