2014 Scorpa

eddie_lejeune

I don't follow why as consumers some of us are responding negatively to having more choice in the market place. What's the problem? Most of the parts on this bike are shared with the Sherco so they have good economies of scale, availability of spares shouldn't be an issue and the much of it is tried and tested technology. Additional production costs should be limited so why shouldn't it be viable. The fact that they have gone for different hydraulic systems and so on might result in competitive pricing. This is effectively Sherco looking to corner a bigger sare of the available market by offering more options. Good luck to them. Personally I'd rather go to a trial and see variety of bikes than a sea of Evo's.

• Like 6

it appears that certain members on this forum are only interested in there own opinion on what is a nice looking or decent bike, and are way to quick to pass judgement on a few pictures without even been given the chance to swing a leg over it and try it out, I am glad that Scorpa seems to have produced a quality looking bike and look forward to actually seeing reports on how good or bad it is,

• Like 6

I'm keen to move away from the ad hominem attacks and concentrate on the technical attributes of a new bike.

I'm not convinced that the Sherco/Scorpa co-operative have considered that they may be targeting the same customer?

The Sherco with its added fuel pump and metal petrol tank claims to be lighter than the Scorpa, utilizing a plastic tank 'sans' pump...hmm?

Dangerous days? :popcorn:

• Like 1

I think the new Scorpa looks great! I love the orange too. Won't have to worry too much which bike is yours when you wade into that ocean of red bikes while trying to find your bike at the starting gate. I bought an '08 Scorpa new in '08. I could have bought any bike I wanted, but wanted something that would last for a few years that wouldn't break everytime I put it into a section or went on a trail ride. Well, after five years, a trials event almost every month, five trips across the Five Miles of Hell, and a couple of hundred practice sessions, I've replaced......wait for it......the fluids and tires. Oh wait, I did replace the reeds. They were chipped. Other than that I've broken not one item on this bike. I don't baby it. I ride it, but face it, I'm not a Champ rider. I ride the Intermediate class and have been riding Trials since 1975 and now at 60 years old, the bike, any bike is not the weak link in the chain anymore. So I wanted one I could ride for a few years and not have to worry too much about it holding up. My Scorpa has done just that. I've owned Yamaha's, Fantics, GG's, Beta's and Montesas. They all had their pluses and minuses. There's no such thing as a perfect bike. I've owned lot's of bikes, but if I was going to go out and buy a new bike, just cause I wanted one. I'd buy new Scorpa.

Edited by ridgrunr
  • Like 5

It's a dual map, same as on the Sherco, As a friend said to me, "O" for go", pricing, I have no details but I wouldn't be surprised that it's priced the same as a Sherco. I know MotoVerte comparison test is out soon in the Dec issue, maybe more info there.

I doubt they will allow it on here but either pm me or here it is: Translation will be available soon

click here

None the wiser, my French is bobbins.

Are they going to run this bike along side the SR? if they dropped the new motor in i would be pretty keen on one at the right price.

Edited by godzilla

None the wiser, my French is bobbins.

Are they going to run this bike along side the SR? if they dropped the new motor in i would be pretty keen on one at the right price.

Run 2 different models alongside each other? No company could pull that off in the current economic climate unless it's an overlap of an outgoing model.

• Like 1