Keihin For 250

geodet

I see that the 2014 250 will be fitted with the Keihin carb. Is this for performance reasons or cost? Is there a reason to consider an upgrade? If so, are there other considerations such as ignition mapping with a Keihin?

I have no particular problem with the del orto apart from what I can only describe as inconsistency. It runs perfectly in one section and fluffs up a bit on the next. This is subtle but definitely there. I clear the engine before each section but it still happens. Any insights gratefully received.

Keihin is a more expensive carb than a dellorto and gives smoother power and increased top end. Keihin is not as stable as a dellorto however and will need fine tuning for altitude / weather. Dellorto in my experience is more reliable so I think your experience may be fault related.

Keihin is a more expensive carb than a dellorto and gives smoother power and increased top end. Keihin is not as stable as a dellorto however and will need fine tuning for altitude / weather. Dellorto in my experience is more reliable so I think your experience may be fault related.

(we are talking Gas Gas??)

Be very surprised if Baldilocks is wrong.

A dellorto is a good carb for the 250 and the Kehin doesn't work as well as for the 280 and 300.

Give the Dellorto a really good clean check float levels are set at 18.5 and the banjo filter is clean. Air filter spotless?

Edited by nigel dabster