Need Opinion From Evo 4T Owners

luckaz

Montesa, You do not take the clutch off for oil changes, you have to remove the left cover for a filter chage, which is easy, otherwise, both transmission and engine oil have normal drain bolts.

The 260 is superb, has been vastly improved and is nothing like the old 250 and would be great for what you want. The beta is a great bike and feels really nice, but the suspension is nowhere near as good as the Monts, the Beta can be a bit temperamental , due to its overly complicated fueling/cold/hot start system, whereas the Mont has fuel injection which makes it very easy. If your buying new, buy with your heart, either one, you'll enjoy. Can you not arrange a test ride on both and make your own mind up, (it's a lot of money, so try before you buy)

funny, after set up and break in...all iv had to do, is add fuel. change the oil...and ride it...i live at high alt, and ride at low alt, as well,...never had to adjust anything..runs like a champ, more power then ill ever need..reliable..sweet looking. i did order and set this bike up the way i wanted...and for 5700 ft, for a 235 pound rider,

i set up the high alt carb spring, T pipe, dropped the front sproket down one tooth, added red springs, better brake pads. and added the 2 T rear fender...

after 3 oil changes, i swaped out the paper POS filter for a steel cleanable one, and use only motorex oil...clean the air filter every ride..

like any motorcycle..taking care of it is king..and buy what you like... you can get a new Beta for the price of a used Montesa.. i ride them 2 years, trade them in for a new model...