Low Compression Inserts

jeffm

I read somewhere that Gasgas models 2010 and newer already have a two piece head. Does that mean I can just buy a low compression insert without buying an S3 head? Does GasGas make a factory option or is it just aftermarket?

Will an S3 low comprehension insert work with my factory head?

Thanks.

I like the low comp insert & flywheel weight on my 2010 280 Pro. The head made starting only slightly easier, but the two mods combined well to really smooth out & slow down throttle response. Plus, that head insert allowed my bike to run on non-ethanol pump premium; no more having to buy race gas! :banana:

Guys, I think I'd get along with the slow throttle if I'd never have broken my right wrist. I have really limited flexibility in that wrist, and with the "slow throttles", can't get full throttle when it's needed. Which, if I'm honest, is very seldom at a Trial or while practicing..... Revving the bike to clear out the engine is probably the only time my bike sees full throttle.....

Jimmie

Edited by mr neutron
  • Like 1

Revving the bike to clear out the engine is probably the only time my bike sees full throttle.....

Jimmie

Which is much better than having it see full throttle after a crash! :o But that's a different thread entirely.....

FYI, Don't assume anything by year, on gasgas necessarily, look at pictures of the 2 piece heads to verify you got one. the head is usually different color than engine paint, and where the spark plug goes the "insert" shows through, they are anodized colors, seems gold is low compression, silver is std, I think red is High?

FYI, Don't assume anything by year, on gasgas necessarily, look at pictures of the 2 piece heads to verify you got one. the head is usually different color than engine paint, and where the spark plug goes the "insert" shows through, they are anodized colors, seems gold is low compression, silver is std, I think red is High?

That's right.