Ossa 250 2014

africanjon

Hi,

I rode both the 2014 300i and 250i at last Wednesdays BVM test day.

Firstly, can report that both bikes started first kick every time (some folks were struggling but always because they were giving a bit of throttle "twitch" on kicking) - so the new capacitor/battery set up seems to have fully cured the previous problems in this area.

I normally ride a 2013 280i and can report that against my bike, as no surprise the 300 has significantly more go and the 250 has a little less. All Ossa's are very linear in their power delivery (which takes a while to get used to) and once you have your head around that and used to it, they can be ridden very smoothly.

I personally fell in love with the new 300 but it does have a lot of squirt and think you could get yourself into a world of trouble on this bike as consequence. The 250 by contrast was incredibly smooth and easy to ride and I would liken it to a 250 EVO in its power delivery. I know the 250 would definitely improve my riding in the sections but the grin factor from the 300 means my heart will rule my head and I will be buying a 300 next.

A valid point already raised is resale and I do think that the 300 will hold its money marginally better than a 250, as think most folks will plump for a 300.

Ultimately, money aside, if you want an easy going bike, I would thoroughly recommend the 250!!!

Finally, I have had a 2014 map downloaded to my 2013 bike with the addition of a 2 position handlebar mounted mapping switch. The 2014 map has two distinct maps set up within it - a day-to-day do everything map and a second slippery/snotty conditions map. I can report that there is a distinct difference between the two as apposed to the ignition map switches on other makes that make no difference at all (I have occasionally accidently knocked the switch to the snotty setting and wondered what is wrong with the bike as the power is down). This is the real beauty of EFI!!! So, if you are worried about resale value on a 250, you could always buy a 300 and simply ride it on the second softer map setting and add a flywheel weight.

Hope helpful and go for it

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Quick update.

I decided on the 250 and got the bike the day before Christmas :xmas: .

Firstly Lewisport were fantastic in every respect and I cant recommend Mandy and Adrian highly enough. Absolutely top notch!

Bike starts first kick every time. Grip is amazing and the power delivery is very smooth. I love the transmission as I always find the gear i am looking for.

Bike feels light and agile and the handling is awesome.

Overall build quality seems excellent and I am over the moon with the bike :guinness::D .