Clutch Lever Setup For Small Hands

dazzagreener

I have the same problem. For a couple of years i used a master cylinder with a bigger bore, 10.5mm compared to 9.5mm diameter. It was better in that it didn't take so much lever movement to clear the clutch, it didn't drag. It was worse in that it was a bit stiffer to pull and much more 'on or off', so not so good for creeping round tight corners.

What I'm doing now is using the standard Beta master cylinder but using VERY careful adjustment to get it just perfect. Make sure there is no wear in the pivot, the hole in the lever can go oval. Make sure the lever isn't bent out at all.

I use a nylon strap from a dog leash attached at the ball and hose clamped past the dogleg with enough room to fit your index finger between the strap and lever. I also soak the strap with black enamel paint to make it stiff with some flex. This setup gives me more leverage on both clutch and brake and reduces fatigue. I can still use two or four fingers on the lever for shifting or full clutch disengage.

• 2 weeks later...