Jitsie Lanyard Kill Switch Problem.

jj65

Fitted jitsie lanyard kill switch to my new Mont 260 and most times I use it, it doesn't stop the engine, sometimes it takes about 10 seconds and a few times, it's actually continued to run even though the lanyard has been removed. I've taken it apart (easy) to see if there are any obvious problems, but it's still happening. It's not an isolated case either, because my Bro's, which was bought at the same time is doing the same thing. The worrying thing is, we bought them, so as to have that instant "engine stop" when it was needed, but it fails to do this.

On my previous 4rt, I had a Leonelli Branded lanyard and never had any problem. Has anyone else had any problem with there's?

Edited by jj65

I also have a 2 Leonelli's that work perfect, but if you've got two Jitsie switches with the same problem, there's a fundamental problem with them, you should get new ones or your money back i.m.o.

Edited by guys

I also have a 2 Leonelli's that work perfect, but if you've got two Jitsie switches with the same problem, there's a fundamental problem with them, you should get new ones or your money back i.m.o.

same they have got to work

BVM, "no worries, we'll send you some replacements" thanks Rick :0)

By the way, the ones causing problems are the new type, with the flatter red cap. It maybe just be me, but the magnets don't appear to be as strong as the one I had before.

Edited by jj65
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I also had a problem with a Jitsie lanyard. Sometimes it would work and other times it wouldn't. After having it replaced I took it to bits. Inside there is a little rubber washer which had a little crease in it ( must have been assembled wrong ). I took it out and gave it time to unfold and once done re assembled the thing at it worked perfect every time. Worth a try if you can't find your receipt or retailer doesn't want it back.

• Like 2