Oil Mixture

bucks

just while i have you more experienced folk gathered in one place (allbeit) talking about something else, i thought i might pick your brains......

250 contact runs beautifully but ive recently noticed a knock

its only noticeable when free revving ie in neutral a handfull (not rediculous amount by any means) of revs a small knock like tapping the case with a toffie hammer??

cause for concern?? i cannot comment on its service history as i dont know it..

just while i have you more experienced folk gathered in one place (allbeit) talking about something else, i thought i might pick your brains......

250 contact runs beautifully but ive recently noticed a knock

its only noticeable when free revving ie in neutral a handfull (not rediculous amount by any means) of revs a small knock like tapping the case with a toffie hammer??

cause for concern?? i cannot comment on its service history as i dont know it..

If the noise is not severe, run it! Some noise is normal!

If it blows up, the problem will be easy to find! :beer:

• Like 1

And that from the man that expects his weedwacker to last 200 hrs. !!!!!!!

(I've got a 4t weed wacker ... and adjusting the valves is tedious !!!)

Glenn :)

Ha! I still have my 15 or so year old 4T Ryobi wacker! A real torque pig! Did not run it this year after the new lightweight purchase, it puts my arms in spasms after the vibration and the weight.

Valves? Do they have Valves? The next valve for that thing is going to be the dump valve! It has served its duty!

No, this was a small engine cutaway display by the Mfg. highlighting their bearings and plating features to enhance durability.

I am sure they have gone to the 50:1 mix for EPA concerns, however with good oil a non issue it seems.

The bottle I got did not state if it was full or a blend of synthetic, but I think the additives are likely more important as long as a high quality base stock is used if you know what I mean. As they brand their own oil, not sure who makes it for them?

I worked for a manufacturer for many years, when they enter an agreement with an oil manufacturer and put their own name on the bottle it is usually a blend specific to the recommendation of the engine designers

And in the situations I was part of the oils were not available any other way regardless of who made the oil.

Lubricants are like bikes, they are proprietary, specific to purpose and unique

After working in the motorcycle and snowmobile industry in various positions for 30 + years I can say that I have never seen oil "Fail", seen a lot of lack of oil problems but even medium grade lubricants do their job as good as anything, it's only really extreme conditions where high tech oils outperform regular lubes

In 2 strokes, "Enough" gives the required protection, too little is when bad things happen (unfortunately Enough is subjective) and too much has absolutely no benefit, in 4 strokes clean oil is better than old dirty expensive synthetic

Always a good source of conversation though huh, now let's talk about religion :)

• Like 4